Strangest place to see old bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
We just got back from Walt Disney World in Orlando. You would not believe all the old bottles they have sitting around as part of decoration on the rides. At MGM-in the 'Great Movie Ride' they had old sodas and milk bottles. At Magic Kingdom check out the Jungle Cruise. Several old embossed medicine bottles, and umbrella ink bottles and various other bottles. At Thunder Mountain Railroad, several mason jars, household product jars. But, you can't get a close look at the bottles. Most are on shelves above your head. Animal Kingdom even had some ACL Coca-Cola and Sprites from Africa. Leave it to a bottle collector to go all the way to Disney for a vacation and notice all the bottles and not all the other stuff there to see and do.

cb0023

Reaction score
hey digdug, i was in disney in feb. and i got some good pics of the bottles you are talking about. everyone was looking at the ride and watching the videos and there i am taking pictures of the bottles and jars on the shelves. my wife was just shaking her head at me.lol i will post em later on the way to do some fishin.. later all..

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
In the Splash mountain giftshop there's several bleach bottles from the 30's. They had names on them, i just forgot what they were. "Hi-"something.

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
digdug, i was there in 86 dont remember seeing the bottles then could this be a recent thing??? whosyer !!

digdug

Reaction score
I hadn't been to Disney since the 1980's either. I don't remember them back then, but they sure do have a lot out on display now. My wife and I took our nephew. They both couldn't believe I was more interested in the bottles than the ride, etc. I didn't get any photos though like cb0023 did. I am interested in seeing his photos.

cb0023

Reaction score
hey guys here is a few pics from disney. these were only a few of the bottles, they had cases of old ball jars and the like... sorry admin if these are huge i cant get tehm to shrink...

Qn38280.jpg

Attachments

• Qn38280.jpg
    Qn38280.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 67

cb0023

Reaction score
another

Om33069.jpg

Attachments

• Om33069.jpg
    Om33069.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 61

cb0023

Reaction score
sry they are huge!!lol

Rp43999.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43999.jpg
    Rp43999.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 64

walkingstick

Reaction score
Ya know ... even when I sit down to watch a movie I can't help but check out the bottles used as props ... does this ever happen to any of you? Sometimes I laugh because I will find a bottle that is an ananchronism (more modern than the time period of the movie).

Fire the props guy I say!!!

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
I know an antiques dealer here in Maine that ships old bottles to a guy down in Texas. He gathers up basically old 'plain janes' and when he has 1,000 of them he ships them out. The guy in Texas sells them to restaurants and such to use as quaint decorations. The antiques guy gets $1 a bottle. He's got a shipment going out soon and he said I could look through it first for any keepers but I doubt many get past him. Sounds like a great way to unload unwanted bottles.

-Sam

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl