stress caused by work

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: suzanne

Osia Boyce: Risk is relative. If 2 ironworker's fall off the steel on a 3 year job, that's just the way it is.

Never knew life was so cheap in some peoples eyes............................. You must be bucking for a place in supervision.

suzanne

Reaction score
Don't be silly. You didn't read the whole post. From the industrys point of view, some accidents can not be prevented. They are called freak accidents and on big jobs they happen. Sometimes little ones too. Reminds me of a friend. He got a good job in a small business as soon as he got out of trade school but got electrocuted a year later. No one could offer a plausible explanation.

Heres another example - there is an ironworker minding his own business. A crane carrying a tank approaches. You are not supposed to stand under a crane carrying a load but they are swift and silent and if you don't see them coming you don't even know. An eyebolt attatchment point on the tank breaks and the tank falls on the ironworker. He is pinned under the tank losing blood fast. That part of the accident was something no one could have anticipated. What happened next was that since few people knew where the phone was, or remembered the emergency number for the construction site, time was wasted while people ran to and fro. The ambulance then got lost because this steel mill was just being built and didn't have an actual address yet. There was a country road and a dirt road that went to it out in the middle of nowhere.

By the way, I have been in supervision and I would like to say that the best thing about it is the people, but I won't lie. Now I know that just because I said that you are going to conclude that I hate people. You would be wrong but I am really, really, tired of trying to defend myself on this forum so I think I will make the a-holes of the forum happy and find something else to do.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal