stretched or not..7up

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
For future reference ... I'm seeing the word "Premix" used in connection with this discussion, and in many instances it suggest this premix test was done prior to the bottles actually being filled so as to make sure the syrup blend was accurate. After all, why run a test bottle down the conveyor with the bottles being filled for distribution if the syrup blend wasn't checked "first" and then corrected if necessary?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy Base on the research I have devoted to this topic today, and the varying findings from numerous sources, I am currently of the opinion that the type of bottles in question here are ... Laboratory Test Bottles ... and were not intended for measuring the amount of syrup that went into each bottle. (But still looking for unquestionable proof)

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. Laboratory Test Bottles ... ... for testing syrup concentrate for quality assurance.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yes for measuring syrup. But they still were made for individual soda manufacturerers. Coca Cola, 7up, and Goodman's Kist. And possibly Pepsi. So probably all soda bottlers used them? The 7up is embossed with '7up' logo on the bottom. No others we have found seem to have the Co. name embossed on them. Others seem to think they were designed for the conveyer line for measuring.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/55409-coca-cola-test-bottle

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I just joined a Coca Cola site and asked the resident expert ... Were those so called syrup "test tube" bottles intended to have the syrup tested for quality assurance or were they intended simply to measure the amount of syrup that went into each bottle? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide me with. RCB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. The site I joined is an official Coca Cola Company website. I will let you know what they have to say when they post a reply to my question. Their replies are time dated and usually occur within a couple of hours. But because of the late hour I probably won't hear from them until sometime tomorrow.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I haven't heard from the Coca Cola Company yet (which might not be until next week) but I did find this from ... The Daily Register ~ Harrisburg, Illinois ~ April 16, 1958 [attachment=Coca Cola Syrup Bo...958 (1100x587).jpg]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie