sunday's finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, went digging today, took a couple of pics. found several embossed beers, a clear bottle embossed thomas & thompson in script at angle on frt of bottle. didn't find anything on this one. sloan's n & b liniment, i bottle embossed down frt. oculum, didn't find anything on this one either. bottle embossed sterling on 1 side and baltimore on other. amber bottle embossed dioxogen, the jar is embossed on base, simplex pat. nov. 4th, 1890. in center W&D, seam does not go thru threads at top. any heip with age or posible value would be greatly appreciated. thanks for looking, rhona

Qo41475.jpg

Attachments

• Qo41475.jpg
    Qo41475.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 60

madman

Reaction score
oh my god im in heaven!! youve really hit the jackpot this time! can you adopt me please!! lol yea the blobs are 1890s 1900s the rusted ceramic thing is the original lighting clousure, man are all the beers bim? weve got to see the blow by blow pics, are they all embossed? man i would stick to that spot!! sorry im flipping out, but thats my kind of dig wow!! oh yea thats a pot lid mike

crkgrl

Reaction score
Rhona,
Great finds! So how did you decide where to dig around the old tree?

nhdirtdog

Reaction score
Congrats on the blobers. Those are great bottles especially the local embossed ones. You gotta get back in there and make sure you get the whole thing dug.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Rhona,

Nice finds, I bet you really like that lid! Info on your Thomas & Thompson bottles (two now!) from the Bmore book.

They list about nine different embossed bottles with some in different sizes and colors. Your rect med bottle they list clear ones in 4", 4 1/2", 5" and 5 3/4" but embossed on the base PAT.DEC.13/87 C.L.G. CO. also a 4 1/4" with a plain base, you say yours says S. Bros or something like that on the base so yours could be a new varient that needs to get into the next edition. (I have unlisted stuff I need to send in....procrastination!) It says these are common but there are same embossing, amber 6 1/2" and 8" amber ones listed as uncommon.

They list two Thomas & Thompson in script slanting upwards blob tops. two sizes in clear, 8" and 9 1/2 " both listed as uncommon, nice find! Just a teaser of one to find next, they list the 9 1/2 ' in teal green as rare. It's the only one of theirs listed as rare. (that is until you find one in cobalt!!)

Worth noting they also have bottles with the address at DRUID HILL AVE. & DOLPHIN ST. BALTO. so finding out about the history of that move could help date your first bottle.

Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday