sunday's finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
They also list a clear 4" rectangular STERLING/ BALTIMORE on side panels as common and since they list one that also is embossed FLAVORING EXTRACTS in 5" and 6 1/2" as uncommon I'm assuming that's what your bottle held also. (Probably bought out or wiped out by the mighty McCormick & Co.

Cobaltbot

bottlediger

Reaction score
Hey Cobaltbot, I see your in Delta pa, do you do any digging. I am from York Pa if you ever want to dig hit me up.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Love to dig, mostly dumps but would love to get into some privys! Problem around here is the soil is loaded with rocks, hard to probe. Finding time right now is a problem because I'm slowwllyy working on an addition I'm supposed to have finished by Sept but you know how the lure of bottles is......makes one forget about life's responcibilities....part of the magic!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Doing a little websearch it seems the light st address had the drugstore still there in the 30's so thats the newer of the two addresses. Since the newer store is in the area of the great Baltimore fire of 1903 it would seem it was built shortly after 1903. The old location, Dolphin St might have also been in the fire so maybe that's what prompted the move? Also saw a Thomas & Thompson Co with a Fall's road address in 2000 so maybe they still exist in some fashion.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike, thanks for looking and info, didn,t mean to drive you mad[;)] the beers are not all blobs, but are all embossed and pre prohibition. hi crkgrl, thanks for looking, if you look at the pic of the tree, there is a deer path on the low side , so i didn't want to dig there. in frt of and right of the hole is my probe,if you see the little red spot, that's the end of an arrow attach to a 1" dowel, that's my probe, the ground is very soft there and will slide out from under you, it's a steep hill, i use the probe to feel things in the dirt. hope that helps. hi warren it was a great day dug for 2 1/2 hrs. hope to go tommorow. hi steve, thanks soooo much for all the information. i didn't think i would ever find a pot lid in this area. i know about procrastintion, i should e mail doc. but guess i take it to the next meeting. hi nh dirtdog and albottledigger, welcome to the forum, thanks for looking and the encoragement. hi miles, don't know anything about pot lids, put it's pretty. thanks all, rhona

TROG

Reaction score
Hi Rhona.
The Countie of Boston is a pot lid and here is an ebay link to a complete item with the base

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=69608&item=6275877076

crkgrl

Reaction score
Hi Rhona,
Thanks for the help re: the tree. Looks very much like the site I am digging. One huge tree actually fell down over the winter, so I will try probing there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday