Syracuse Springs, A.J. Delatour

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
I'm assuming these guys guys are somewhat uncommon. Any gauges of desirability amongst the water folk?

I don't know the weight of this bottle, but it is remarkably light in hand.

surfing_lead_wideweb__470x378,2.jpg

wolffbp

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Thank you, Brian,
Excellent research, sir. How do you clip those ads so nicely?
My clipper is not working well...
Do you see the Syracuse Springs, with, or without Mr. Delatour, in your peregrinations?
I use the print screen function and paste them into Powerpoint then I crop them and right-click save as .jpg

With and without. But without it's always in reference to the springs used to get brine for making salt. Nothing with regard to mineral water.

surfaceone

Reaction score
With and without. But without it's always in reference to the springs used to get brine for making salt. Nothing with regard to mineral water.

Thanks for the additional Times article, Brian.

Do you think this one was from the Lynch & Clark days?

T-N-33A.gif
From.

fq_dan_moore6.jpg

appliedlips

Reaction score
Those are a tough one to come by Surf, quite desirable too. Cleaned up I'd say in the $600 range.

CazDigger

Reaction score
Wow, I guess I haven't been paying attn.! That is an excellent rare bottle. I would say anywhere from $400-$800 cleaned up. They come in some nice colors from black amber to yellow and some with greens thrown in. The Springs was in Syracuse near where the salt industry was set up, became "oil city" a polluted oil terminal area and is near where the Carousel mall is now. I believe that AJ Delatour was a dealer of various spring waters, not the owner of the springs. The "regular" Syracuse Springs Excelsior bottles come in pint and quart sizes only, the AJ Delatour varients in 1/2 pint and pint. They all come in similar colors so I think the glass was blown at the same glasshouse.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey A-BN folks,

I'm thinking of selling this Delatour to someone who might appreciate it more than I.

I've never sold a bottle, except to benefit the forum. Don't have an e-bay account, and don't wanna go that route, especially.

I'd be interested in hearing from any of you that desire it...

Many thanks,

hokusai-kanagawa-36-views-of-mt-fugi-1826-1833.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen