The Dark Side continues...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
But I do have this blackglass beer bottle.[:)] Iron pontiled, tooled top, Turned in a wooden mold. The pic really doesn't show the beauty and crudeness of this bottle.

Sp45223.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Some gray ferrous iron but not much. I haven't tumbled it yet because I'm affraid that what little there is will probably be polished off Along with the small traces of woodgrain pattern on it.

bearswede

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure some of the tumblers on the forum have solutions for protecting IP bottles... Check out the cleaning and repair forum...

Ron

capsoda

Reaction score
Thanks Ron, I thought about using finger nail polish since I have used it with sucess in the past but I'm still a little shackey about this one.[:eek:]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Nice bear bottle Bear! You just gotta love Black Amethyst! I have dug 1 black amethyst bottle in my career. Just a plain Jane utility but it is one of my favorites due to the color. I had it stuck up in the closet with all the other plain Janes for almost a year. It came out of the ground so sick it just looked like another plain, amber, utility. Just happened to hold it to the bedroom light one night and caught a hint of purple. It went in the tumbler that night! [:D] Kelley

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Cap...

I don't think you have to polish your nails before you put any bottles in the tumbler...
Of course, I am no expert at bottle tumbling or nail polishing, but it seems to me that all you have to do is put the bottle into the stopples... put it in the tube, put the tops on, place it on the rollers and be done with it! Why you have to polish your fingernails is beyond me[:-]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Everyone around here either polishes their nails or has them done before tumbling[8|] I mean tumbling can be ruff on the nails.[;)]

By the did you notice the green grass in the beer bottle pic.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
I saw that.. yep, green grass in the background at Christmas time soooo, let me see...

Can you sled on it? Can you have "Grassball" fights?

Can you build frosty the "Grassman" ? Walking in a winter "Grassland"

"in the meadow we can build a "grassman" and pretend that he is Parson Brown... He'll say are you married? We'll say No man until the other kiddies "MOW" him down...

"I'm dreaming of a "Green" Christmas... just like the ones I used to know...
where the tree tops glisten and children listen to hear sleighbells in the "GRASS"...

It just doesn't have the same ring to it!!!

But, Merry Christmas to you all!!

(Warren, Santa must be bringing you some "Weed & feed" for all the crabgrass in that photo!) [:D] Merry Christmas, Warren have a great "Bottle Diggin" New Year..

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Nope, but I could run around naked in it,[8D] but I don't look good naked anymore.[&o]

OOH, you hit a nerve. Cindy said tell you she spends alot of time working on that lawn.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] She says, tell you to calm down, shes just jokin.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause