The Dark Side continues...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

I must have been looking at the "tiny spot" of the lawn that you maintain!!!

Of course I know that she cares for the rest of the lawn that is "Green" !
I take it that You must also take care of the dead trees I saw in the background?

You don't take care of the pool, do you?

Frosty the "grassman" was a jolly, happy soul...
with a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of sod...

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wayne, That tree is a sweetgum and if it wasen't for it losing its leaves, we wouldn't even know it was winter.[:D] Nooooobody ever got frost bite from grass or has to get it off their wind shield to drive, or shovel it off their driveway or has it come at an inconvenient time or chip it off their steps and the horse loves it.[sm=lol.gif]

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Ron

Here's a little black glass miniature from my collection. Probably a perfume or smelling salt. Only 1 1/4 by 1 1/2 in. tall so dark purple that sun concentrated from a magnifying glass barely comes thru the neck. Probably made in Europe, bottom ground and polished. Not sure how old it is but it is neat in any case.

Cliff

Pn36543.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36543.jpg
    Pn36543.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 85

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Cliff...

You got any more angles on that beauty... Could it be one of them black glass frenh inks?

Ron

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Here's an interesting stopper that happens to fit but not sure if it was the original as it doesn't go down in completely. But it is just as black (Purple) as the bottle, cannot see thru it when held up to the sun. Edges ground and polished. looks almost like seated liberty figure embossed. It is 5/8 in. square.

He97150.jpg

Attachments

• He97150.jpg
    He97150.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 89

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Doubt that it would be an ink as it is sort of flat about 5/8 in thick and has a very small square base. The hole in the neck is also tiny.

Cliff

pupman

Reaction score
Hi Ron,You have attracted pupman,not with bottles,however beautiful but with the stunning picture of "Bear".What a beautiful dog!As you can see by my name,pupman,my wife and I dearly love dogs.We have a Teddy(Belgian sheepdog) and a Bear too and he is the most delightful little(110 lb)bernese mountain dog/lab mix that you would ever want to see! He's a rescue dog being abandoned with his mother and brothers and sisters in Brooklyn and so smart and loyal,he constantly looks to see where I am to keep tabs on me,so to speak.He's the kind of dog that,if you hurt yourself badly in the woods and couldn't walk that he would lay down beside you and protect you with his life! Your beautiful dog,Bear inthe picture impresses me as the same kind of loyal companion,after all ,look whats buried with him! I love bottles but if you said to me I will give you all the bottles you need for your dogs that person could keep his bottles! Or a million dollars for that matter!It takes a real"dogperson " like you to understand what I mean.My condolences on your beautiful bear I see that he was a wonderful companion,Kev(pup)

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Kev...

My wife and I do, indeed, feel blessed that Bear allowed us to become his family... With its countless rewards, and limitless challenges...

We do miss him and he can't be replaced... But, altho my wife swore this was going to be our last dog, I knew if I just kept mum and patiently waited, she'd come around... So, we have put a deposit on a Lab pup to be born this spring... Will keep you posted...

How about some pics of your brood?

Ron

pupman

Reaction score
Hi Ron. So glad you are getting another member of the family soon! You will never forget "bear" but the love that you give your new family member will make his loss a little easier to take.I felt the same way when my Belgian Tervuren died at 12 years old.Then Teddy came and the world got a bit brighter-and more hectic! Here's a picture of Teddy first as I have only been able to add one picture per post...

Om34055.jpg

Attachments

• Om34055.jpg
    Om34055.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 89

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member