The Great Saturday Bottle Hunt (picture heavy)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Check out this old postcard showing Hwy. 80 coast to coast. I'm not sure of the date, but believe it is from the 1940s. Notice how it used to be called the "Old Spanish Trail."

4194B164139C4ED5A3A82168F37EFBCC.jpg

Attachments

• 4194B164139C4ED5A3A82168F37EFBCC.jpg
    4194B164139C4ED5A3A82168F37EFBCC.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 68

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Wow, that's an incredibly cool postcard. For some reason I had never heard of HWY 80 until you mentioned it.

I am racking my brain right now, trying to think of older roads that could be used for bottle hunting.

What do you think of HWY 33? I drive it all the time.

1933 – Construction of the Maricopa Highway (HWY 33) is completed.

1896_recommended_state_highway_syst.jpg

You know, there is nothing that worries me more than "fill"......................bingo! That is why you are finding good bottles on the upside of roads. It's really hard to find a downside spot on a road that hasn't been covered with some amount of fill during the last 50 years, and hence covering the bottles.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
TheCaliKid ~

I have attemped to send you a couple of PMs (Personal Messages). However, it may be that your personal settings boxes are not set up yet to receive PMs ... Thus my reason for posting here.

Please note : By allowing PMs to go through, it does not in any way disclose your private e-mail address. Everything goes through the Antique-Bottles.net system first, and remains private.

If you wish to adjust your settings, but are not sure how to do it, just follow these simple steps ...

1. At the top of any/every page you will see a list of options. Click on "My Setup"
2. Scroll down to "Private Message" ... Click
3. Fill in appropriate boxes ... "Allow others to send ... " and "e-mail notifications ... "

In the event you choose not to do this, I will understand, even though it is "totally safe!" And the only other way I know of to see your PMs would be to go directly into your file and seek them out. When I sent you the messages it indicated they went through "successfully," so there is every reason to believe they are sitting there now for your viewing.

Hopefully you will get this message and I will hear from you soon. Or perhaps you did receive them and are just ignoring me ... but I doubt you would do that. But if you are ignoring me, then you can go ... ( Fly a Kite ! ) ... Lol - (Just Kidding). [:D]

Thanks,

Bob

P.S. ~ The above information may pertain to others as well ... If uncertain, check your "My Setup" settings to be sure. [8|]

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Hey Bob -

When I signed up, PM's were automatically enabled. I just checked. So, I don't understand why I haven't received any yet. I even have "pop up window" and "email notification" turned on.

I had a very bad night the other night, girlfriend had to stay home from work yesterday too. So, wasn't on the computer at all yesterday.

P.S. I don't own a kite!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator