The largest bottle club in the USA isnt represented at shows!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
I think there are plenty of cats here who would be interested in doing this... Quite a few of our federation members are here, and I could swear I've seen some of those cats at the last bottle show I was at... I think I have a picture...

DD113B7B90B24B9988EE9685E16FA272.jpg

Attachments

• DD113B7B90B24B9988EE9685E16FA272.jpg
    DD113B7B90B24B9988EE9685E16FA272.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 82

bostaurus

Reaction score
Most of the places I have lived had no bottle clubs including here in SE Louisiana...though I was fortunate to live in the Baltimore area for a little while.[:)]
I think it is a great idea ...this is already my 'bottle club".

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I had similar thoughts Matt, I thought the place could be spruced up with advertisers and a lot of the inner workings you mentioned could be implemented .It was met with resistance though as the old guard who were and still are here are also the most active and they shot it down. Count me in Matt great Idea.

Plumbata

Reaction score
You got a real knack for business don't ya Matt.

I had never thought about it before, but if reconfigured to host rare bottle auctions this forum could be a profit goldmine. Despite the fact that the majority of collectors don't frequent this website it is still the "gravitational center" for online collector activity, and if expanded and made more appealing to higher-end collectors this place would be the supreme networking tool available to the whole spectrum of collectors and dealers.

Personally I don't care much about networking and spending lots of time building the community even though I recognize it would be a good thing to do. It just doesn't interest me nearly as much as the idea of turning the forum into an extremely lucrative business, in which case the community would follow.

Doubt Roger would be interested though, as he is a genius who probably has more noble reasons for keeping things as they are.

tigue710

Reaction score
theres a lot that could be done, and yes when I originally approached Roger years back I did with a business interest. Thats something I still want to do on my own down the road, but it wouldn't have anything to do with forum or the idea of organization I'm talking about now. I think we should put it to vote and then approach Roger with the results if need be.

I propose that we vote to either

keep it the same

join the federation

organize the forum and go live with it represented at shows

or revamp and organize the forum altogether...

would you want to set up a pole Charlie?

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Be Careful Matt asking Charlie to set up a Pole instead of a poll could end up like this.............

666E8A36C4144E58B602E5E34D14A86F.jpg

Attachments

• 666E8A36C4144E58B602E5E34D14A86F.jpg
    666E8A36C4144E58B602E5E34D14A86F.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 80

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Indeed.. [8D]

Let me run this by Roger first.. he may or may not be amused by this..

tigue710

Reaction score
right on, I meant we run it by Roger if there was a vote to change anything when I said if need be. I hope he likes the idea.

a pole is a poll is a pole...

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I figure hearing his POV before a poll is started might add legitimacy to the poll, or eliminate any need for one.. it's up to him.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Its great that Roger has always supported the forum these many years but I've always been curious as to why.
He doesnt very often make an appearance and when he does its often to address some bad situation.
I look upon the forum as the second most important thing the Yanks have usurped from Great Britain[:D]

Anyone who has not had experience making and maintaining a forum should try making thier own forum like Charlie did.
An educational exercise for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen