The reason for doing what I am doing.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello all or anyone interested in my efforts of TMI.

My reason for doing all this, is just because I feel there is a need for someone to try and pass on what I have learned through life. It doesn't amount to much but it has been a neat trip.

Actually I am trying to cultivate a culture of understanding in the world of Bottle Collecting. Trying to cultivate interest and give people an understanding of what they find, when they search for: the History in our Back Yards. It is all for the fun of it - I am certainly not making any money from it. It is just an internal motivation.

I sent this to a couple people today and decided to post it here - so you would know why I am doing - what I am doing. RED Matthews

TJSJHART

Reaction score
i can certainly understand where you are comin from on this subject . i have tried to pass on my love of collecting to my son and daughter,,,but it has fallen on deaf ears. not only my love of bottles but the fossils i collect and everything I've kept over the years . records aka L.P.'S , books . and there are all the cassettes and VHS tapes. oh my lord I'm a hoarder,,lol good luck on your quest .

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Seems an appropriate time as any to thank you very sincerely, Red, for all the contributions you make to the forum.. your first-hand experience in the business of bottle manufacture has given you a wealth of knowledge, which is not easy to come by in this day and age.. so as you endeavor to recruit new members to this hobby, don't forget the rest of us who are already hooked but still need some answers! [;)] Thank you, Red Matthews, you're a great man!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1