The second best thing next to digging bottles. (The Pontil Fairy)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W
hsiloP ma I wonk I lol<--------- sdrawkcab taht etirw t'naC[8D]

Hehehe, well as a descendant and surname-bearer of a clan of the noble Slavic Liptov valley dwellers of Slovakia, who served dutifully as Roman and Ottoman and medieval European slaves for many long centuries, I feel that I have some freedom to make fun of my ancestral Polish brethren [;)]. Due to my name I've borne the brunt of more than a fair share of excellent Polack jokes as it is [:D].

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

hsiloP ma I wonk I lol<--------- sdrawkcab taht etirw t'naC[8D]

Hehehe, well as a descendant and surname-bearer of a clan of the noble Slavic Liptov valley dwellers of Slovakia, who served dutifully as Roman and Ottoman and medieval European slaves for many long centuries, I feel that I have some freedom to make fun of my ancestral Polish brethren [;)]. Due to my name I've borne the brunt of more than a fair share of excellent Polack jokes as it is [:D].

I'm old now the pole jokes do not bother me [:D]
What did the sign say in the restrooms in poland?
"PLEASE DON'T EAT THE BIG WHITE MINTS"

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
So what would be the denomination of that coin,a dime? What else do you know about it? My buddy keeps asking me to find out.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
tell your buddy that he got a fergin awesome coin and he should be gloating all through the week to come.. it will probly pay for his share of the rent this month..

Plumbata

Reaction score
8 bits in an ole' Spanish dollar, so I guess that would have been 12.5 cents worth of good spendable silver, up until 1857 anyways. Woulda bought a good lunch and a tasty pint of malty beer back then [:)].

green dragon

Reaction score

Dave asked if I still dig bottles. "look in that trash can"[8D]

1B16B36FBFE04FE7922A495B73211374.jpg

Looks like a nice bunch of trash to me...... [:D]

THE BADGER

Reaction score
HEY RICK I NEED SOME TRASH LIKE THAT.PAULS COIN IS DEFINITELY A SPANISH REALE LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID,ITS SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES I HAVE DUG,IT COULD BE BECAUSE HIS IS 10 YEARS OLDER THAN MY OLDEST ONE.LOVE THE PONTIL BOTS BETTER THAN ME THIS WEEKEND AND I DUG 2 DAYS. THE BADGER

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: THE BADGER

HEY RICK I NEED SOME TRASH LIKE THAT.PAULS COIN IS DEFINITELY A SPANISH REALE LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID,ITS SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES I HAVE DUG,IT COULD BE BECAUSE HIS IS 10 YEARS OLDER THAN MY OLDEST ONE.LOVE THE PONTIL BOTS BETTER THAN ME THIS WEEKEND AND I DUG 2 DAYS. THE BADGER

Is that a good coin? what's it worth ? I can ask that it's money hahahaha

coboltmoon

Reaction score

I cant get this thing clean,I used gas and it didn't work.It has to be the original stains. Any ideas?

787CB188F0F44542BFD983DCF0C2319F.jpg

I have cleaned thousands of dirty grimy gunky bottles with a miracle product called Dawn Power Dissolver (not Dawn dish soap). Cleans gunk in bottles much worse then yours.

This stuff is so good you can fill an empty Dawn bottle with water and it will work better then many cleaning products. I use an ultra diluted bottle for general cleaning. For $3 a bottle you can’t beat the price.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey rick,its definitely a great coin find.and any old silver coin is always on guys want lists but the old spanish reales although highly sought after because of the age dont usually carry a high price.unlike some of the earliest u.s. coins which i think were first made somewhere around 1793 or close to that they can fetch top dollars.when i found my first reale you would have thought i won the lottery or something or my pants were on fire. if i remember correctly thats the same thing i did when i found my first pontil bottles.maybe the wife is right,maybe i am a wackjob. hahaha wackjob it is. BADGER

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers