the wife is so smart

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
I was reading a post the other day about carpets on the floor to stop bottles from breaking, so I discussed this with my wife. My wife doesn't understand my obsession with bottles but does appreciate their history and diversity. She stops at fondling.
Regardless, she is just so smart and usually looks at things in the most simplistic ways. She told me, rather than carpet our entire house (we live in a federal with wooden floors) I should fasten filament (transparent fish line) across my displays of bottles.

It works.

capsoda

Reaction score
I have seen pic from a few forum members that do that. We don't have to many quakes but we do have hurricanes an though I have yet to have one fall off a shelf I am still concidering using the idea myself.

epgorge

Reaction score
We do have an occassional shaker here in the NE but I just need keep the damn cats out of hte kitty nipper.
Ep

epgorge

Reaction score
My wife's family comes from GA. She says its just southern intelligence. I reminded her they originally came from England .
Ep

digdug

Reaction score
I used fishing line on my shelves. You can barely notice it. Check out the photos under Soda's-Green Fanta and the Tab bottle postings. I think it is going to work for me.

epgorge

Reaction score
Jane,

That's my wifes name too. I don't know where to get gel. I asked down at the country story and they looked at me kinda funny.

Ep

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4