Thorn's Burdock of VT

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
Paul,

Hi, I see Ron took care of your answer. When I go into an antique barn or consortium, and am in a hurry (which I was in this case because of time limitations), I look quickly for any bottled lip or bottle shape which attracts me. The next thing I always look at in glancing, is anything behind glass or a locked cabinet. (Many times you miss stuff because of clutter).

The next thing I always check out is any booth that is having a % off sale. That was the case with the Shaker bottle. It was behind locked door with some high end product and it was also a low price and offering a 15% off deal. I couldn't refuse.

Paul, I see these Shakers up here for anywhere between $40-50 damaged and I have seen one asking $150, undamaged, which are few and far between.

By the way, I just bought the larger Thorn's bottle from Bill this morning. I will take pictures when they arrive and gloat a little. Thanks Paul and I still keep a sharp eye for your piso, carter's and loxol.

Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
Paul,

I finally focused in on your usage of the word clear. I went back and looked and it has a hue of green to it so I believe it is an aqua.
JKoel

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Joel, Very light aqua isn't it? Looks clear. Your price of $12 was good, I sold a clear OP Shaker Fluid at the Terre Haute show in November for $75. Take care Paul

rlo

Reaction score
a little tid bit 'bout valerian, it is a very potent herb! I burned myself badly while out on an extended hike, I had valerian w/ me & took some to ease the pain. It knocked me out! eased the pain all right! I know they were trying to make it illegal to sell in the states just recently. I still keep it around for those nights when I can't sleep, but am real careful w/ it now.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Saw the post and thought I share a pic of a labeled, small-sized Thorn's in our collection of labeled Vermont medicines. Interesting not only that it is a "bitters" but that it was at one point put up by a Fitchburg, MA concern...

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Oops, forgot the photo...

53798C3781214C4E901CD1F73894C2EE.jpg

Attachments

• 53798C3781214C4E901CD1F73894C2EE.jpg
    53798C3781214C4E901CD1F73894C2EE.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 65

epgorge

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff,

I saved the picture for my files to show the label, giving you credit for the picture, complete with a link to your url. Could you post the other two sides of the label?

Joel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday