thoughts on this bitters?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

druggistnut

Reaction score
Thanks Craig and Warren. I'm learning the resizing thing with pictures. I haven't posted because it has always been a hassle for me. I'll try to get some more on here.
The figures are horses. I didn't realize that until I saw the macro photo. I actually thought they were lions. The S is backwards on the word bitters, too.
People are slowly getting back to me, on what they think. I am hearing yes, great bottle and also, well.... it IS English. I hope to show the American connection. That reminds me, the fella was Harrison T. Chamberlain, who got the trade mark. I read my buddies email and thought there were two people. A little hyped up and the andrenalene was still boiling. That Christmas morning feeling got me hooked, right from the get-go, years ago..
I'll have it tumbled and we'll see what happens. Since I have always sold all the bitters I've dug, this one will go, too. It will be interesting to see what a "only example known" bitters will go for.
Bill
Bill

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Bill, Don't let anyone beat you down with that " it is an English bottle" crap. They are jelous or just want to get theie hands on it cheap.

Post a few pics using the forum posting system so they will always be here for future diggers/collectors to see and so they will know who dug the only whole example.[;)]

Oldtimer

Reaction score
My gut says English...but I have been wrong before..The lip doesn't look "right" for an American bitters..beautiful bottle though! Love to find one!

bottlemania

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I'm a little jealous of you guys and girls who live, "back East." I live on the West coast and there just havn't been people here for that long. Not sayin' there's no good diggin' spots, just that it's unlikely, HIGHLY unlikely, that I'm gonna find something from, say, 1850. NICE BOTTLE.

Paul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem