Today's digs 9/22

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Your takeing it way way to serious dude, I know you where posting long before me, that's because I was digging 90% of the time, I wasn't even on a forum to post. I know you dig, don't be so naive and say I am the one stirred up, I am not the one putting up signs!!! at this point in time I am going to say, I BELIEVE DOUG DIGS BOTTLES! IM sick of seeing this chit. There ya happy. The End

appliedlips

Reaction score
Almost happy,say it three times fast while spinning around while wearing a sombrero and eating a banana.Haha.I think it is all too funny and thats exactly all it is to me.I just don't want to be called a liar,you as well as I know people buy into that crap.I am a hard headed jerk and an argumentative know it all but that is another issue.I really have no hard feelings just don't do another "no dig pics?" or "staged digs" post on this or another forum.Alot of people here didn't see that crap.I hope you dig goes well today,Doug

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey Doug,

Looks like a good fun days digging. Those dry loamy pits sure must be nice to dig. We did two 8 foot double barrels yesterday and both were 1860s but just full of very wet black muck. But we did find a few unembossed pontils and a nice Baltimore med from the 1860s. Sadly the pits had seen alot of dipping. I'm heading up to NY for a couple days of digging and i will post some new dig stories on my website when I get back.

Good luck Digging
Chris

lexdigger

Reaction score
Sounds like a great day to me Doug! The flask and bitters would have made my summer. The boy looks like he's going to be a trooper. When he's all grown up and finding pontil pits he'll always remember back to the days when him and Dad were digging together. Thanks for sharing and good luck on your next digs. Chris

longneck

Reaction score
hey doug nice looking pic you have there gald to see you got out in the backyard for awhile (ha ha ha ) nice to see that you got out for awhile with the boy wish i could get out with mine alittle more hope to see more pics love those bots on your other post hope to see you sometime to dig
longneck

appliedlips

Reaction score
Do you mean there was another woodliner next to the one you dug? I woulda just tunneled into it and saved the time of digging it from the top.

Matt,

It was getting dark and didn't have time to dig the other hole and it would not have been even close to safe.I do that alot but not in this sandbox of a neighborhood.We were digging in a killer old neighborhood but there are alot of dipped holes but some can be good,but the age is always around.Doug

ORIGINAL: appliedlips

After I started filling the hole I decided to bust through the wall into another pit off to the side.

Do you mean there was another woodliner next to the one you dug? I woulda just tunneled into it and saved the time of digging it from the top.

great post Doug,

Matt.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Kyle,

Thanks and you are right,when the day comes you are not excited about pulling out any historical flask its time to quit digging.I am grateful for the chance to dig them in my area,and even though I have dug a good number of them,the heart gets racing everytime.Take care,Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
The dry ones are great but do digs some mucky pit cities also.Sometimes I would trade extra work for clay walls.I have had to give up on some really great holes because of safety.If the second one would have been a foot deeper we couldn't have finished.The walls were pouring in as we finished.I can't wait to read your stories,they are always entertaining.Thanks,Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
Joe,

We will have to hook up for a dig real soon buddy.Did you get the stoneware I left with Jason,for you?Take care,Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
Lobey,

I am happy you are amused.You are right I think we all could hop on the short bus.I have no ill feelings toward anyone and just think its fun to stir the pot from time to time.Childish?Maybe,but what the hell.I try not to insult anyone.I could dig with ole Rick tommorrow and not think twice about it.Doug

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal