Today's gets

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Great to hear things went well Connor, best of luck to you and Tom. Here's hoping he finds some Paterson stuff that he needs and a few he doesn't and might be willing to part with, if it's the Tom I know.....Jim

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Great to hear things went well Connor, best of luck to you and Tom. Here's hoping he finds some Paterson stuff that he needs and a few he doesn't and might be willing to part with, if it's the Tom I know.....Jim

Yeah, it's him... The "guru" as you call him... LOL [:)]

Turns out the Hutter stopper is right around 1905, so that's perfectly on track for me to find my Scola blob... That and the Lembeck hutch are my holy grails nowadays...

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Well, I got back just now... Good news! We went to the 1889 house first, which has a huge backyard. After an hour of probing, we had found nothing. Tom was surprised at how rocky the soil is, which is something I am sort of used to around here. Probing is difficult, now I've got blisters on my hands! This is the first time I've used the probe I got last year. But anyway, at least I got some practice. Tom ended up finding the privy, which was directly in line with the original back door of the house. I ain't got no experience with probing, so it's a good thing he was there to find it. Once he marked off the boundaries of the stone wall, I corroborated them by probing at an angle. Ideally, we will dig the privy next weekend. It seems likely at this point. I'm excited about this one, because a few houses up the street is where a local bottler lived, Petro Scola. Hopefully I'll get some of those bottles!

The 1865 house went well too. I actually hit a soft spot that left ash on the tip, but when Tom came over to check, he said it was too shallow. I had found an old hole, just not a privy. He found the privy, which was also in line with the back door. I was able to distinctly feel the privy-ness too. We marked off the walls, which are probably stone. There's a big oak tree next to it, probably planted for shade, but we're not worrying about the roots having penetrated the privy. We'll dig that one in a couple weeks, probably. Next door is an 1871 house, and we may be able to convince her to let us dig if she sees the privy being dug.

All in all, a good day! Can't wait to dig my first privy!

This is great...I share your excitement and can't wait to see it.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Where dem priiiivies at? Where dem priiiiiiivies at?

6EF0A79B530646BD8801E684C5C720FB.jpg

Attachments

• 6EF0A79B530646BD8801E684C5C720FB.jpg
    6EF0A79B530646BD8801E684C5C720FB.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 27

Gromit0299

Reaction score
Good news. And good luck. I'm still looking for someplace to actually find bottles. Scratch that, I'm still looking for TIME! [:mad:]

rockbot

Reaction score
Great research and good luck with your digs. I wouldn't mention anything till you've dug them all first. Okay![;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1