Today's gets

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
I can't stand big yards like that one!!! Makes it so hard to find the pits unless they happen to be in the obvious spots. I have permission in one yard that I have been to Several times to probe but have never found the pits. Would be nice if there was a sidewalk leading to Nothing. ;)

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

I can't stand big yards like that one!!! Makes it so hard to find the pits unless they happen to be in the obvious spots. I have permission in one yard that I have been to Several times to probe but have never found the pits. Would be nice if there was a sidewalk leading to Nothing. ;)

I hear ya there lex man. We got permissions for a few last week,the one yard is kinda big but not field size. Here is one of the home owners trying to convince up that a coat hanger will locate privy's [:D] The thing was spinning around his head,but we had to go with our trusty probes [;)]
we did probe out a few. We will see what happens.

5107701E78B145F796AE988E1C12C117.jpg

Attachments

• 5107701E78B145F796AE988E1C12C117.jpg
    5107701E78B145F796AE988E1C12C117.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 30

lexdigger

Reaction score
I have heard of people using a "witching" rod to locate old wells and other water sources. I've also heard they could be used to locate privies, but I'm doubtful on the subject. Seems like some new age voodoo type s**t to me! LOL

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I had a homeowner mention one of those divining rods to me, actually! He said tax people came to his house to find the topography of the land, and that they found a huge underground source of water, almost like a small lake... Would be nice if it could find privies though! [8D]

We're goin' over to the house tomorrow at 9 AM, so I'll let you guys know how the dig went once it's done... Fingers crossed...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

I have heard of people using a "witching" rod to locate old wells and other water sources. I've also heard they could be used to locate privies, but I'm doubtful on the subject. Seems like some new age voodoo type s**t to me! LOL

Privy Voodoo lol

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1