Tom on the phone, "Gotta go, I'm digging the best dump of my life!"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
The "Floraplexion Cures" bottle is actually an aqua blue Franklin Hart New York bottle. Never heard of or saw it around here before? Any help??? Gunth?

PD

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hey everyone.....Joe here,....I was chief bottle washer tonight, so Laur did this post...This was an impromtu dig, and a total stroke of luck! Fred had p.m.'d me about an afternoon dig today, and when I was getting ready for that, Penn Digger called me..."Hey, if you can, get down to that old building downtown...,they're going to tear it down today or tomorrow latest, and there's a way in now". What are the chances of it being one of our drugstores? Turned out it was.....It's very late and we'll be digging here as long as we can 'stay the execution'.[;)] I think there's one or two more pics, then we'll be back soon w/ more. Here's an idea of how it looks under there.

F3A294BF6B4449C5890CF472CA0EEC3D.jpg

Attachments

• F3A294BF6B4449C5890CF472CA0EEC3D.jpg
    F3A294BF6B4449C5890CF472CA0EEC3D.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 49

Plumbata

Reaction score
Dang, that dig looks like FUN! [:)]

So do you folk think there are any of those rich teal Sanderson druggists down under there? Probably as good a place as any to find them as far as they go (especially considering where the 1st one was discovered!). The finds are great, and really do tell quite a story. Imagine all the people who bought a bromo after a long day chopping virgin hardwood for the lumber mills or mining coal for the foundries, then mixed it with some plain water or seltzer (which would be quite fitting), drank it, and then tossed the bottles in the crawlspace when they left the establishment. May well be many more good finds to be had on top of what can be easily dug if you decide to sift too.

Cool spot, thanks for posting and good luck!

swizzle

Reaction score
I subscribed to your youtube video's. It looks like your well on your way to a career of digging garbage and making it look good. Looks like you guys & gurl had an awesome time. Any idea what those teal flask were? Those tops look like they were killer flask at one time. You might have to chain one of you to the front of the building well the rest of you clear out the bottles under the building. Just protest the destruction of history until you have it all dug out and then walk away and let them knock it down. Do you guys have a lantern? It might be a little easier to see under there. Some of the video was a little dark. Anyways, nice haul and its always a pleasure to see fresh digs videos. Great digs and keep 'em comin'. Swiz

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
That weird face thing looks like it came from pompeii. nice bottles!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Swizze, we do have lights, but when I took the one video it was very dark and one had run out of batteries for one of them. I don't know what the teal flasks would have been. It's funny that you mentioned not letting them tear it down yet. Joe had an awful thought last night and we were up at 3 am PMing Tom, to make sure the construction company knows we are under there and that we know exactly the day it will be torn down.

We have definitely "paid our dues" to find this place. The last great bottle I found was about a year ago and it was the Allings schoolhouse ink. I've found some nice Dr. Hand's to tide me over and a few cool odds and ends, but around here, you don't find many dumps like this anymore.

Can you imagine, a druggist that dropped all of his and customer's trash down a trap door and now we are digging it up? That thought is starting to overcome my exhaustion and severe pain this morning. I'm going to try to make it back there later. I feel like I should be doing other things, but this is something that won't wait. Thanks for all of the kind comments. Thanks, Fred too. It's always a pleasure digging with you.

More from this dump later.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause