Tom on the phone, "Gotta go, I'm digging the best dump of my life!"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I could see the owners having rights to a few bottles but not all of them. I'd lie like hell about what has been taken out of there. If it wasn't for you guys they wouldn't have known about those bottles at all and would have demolished the place and the bottles. Maybe after its dug out a bit more you could put up a stink about sexism and get your TV show back. Keep your chin up and don't cry. There will always be greed and stupidity mixed together. If the owners make you split all the bottles I'd sew a big pocket onto the inside of my pants and pocket the best bottles and show them all the common ones. Don't forget to check all those Bromo's too. Look for a backwards Z in Seltzer. It makes them worth a bit more. Swiz

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Okay,...gotta throw my two cents in here.....as Penn Digger said,...."Eight people couldn't get that place dug out by this coming Tuesday"...let alone Tom and I. The value of the bottles came up more than once, but their primary concern was litigation....Arrrgh!, It's almost enough to make me say f*** it, of course P.D. wants to get er' dug,....and I (kinda) do, but not like I did yesterday....I have an uneasy feeling that they might go back on this very tentative permission and it sucks.Now I realize it belongs to them, and we're lucky to dig at all, but YESTERDAY it was okay, and today no....some one was putting bad things in their ear or what?...I don't pretend to know, but wish Laur and Fred could rejoin the effort and everyone gets to dig....I suppose that's unrealistic,..... Big sigh)....we'll see how it all goes. I just now feel as though a shadow has been cast over the fun part of things.[:mad:]
Joe
P.S This extra hard for me too because meds are my thang.....and a DRUGSTORE!!!!! It's all kinda "Seinfeld"-ish if you ask me...[;)] My folks always said 'Half a loaf is better than none.... " J.B.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Here's some of Fred's bottles that he cleaned and brought along today before we knew we were gonna need a 'plan b'....a flask, complete w/ cork liner and stopper....A kemps balsam sample,....an opium vial, and a wyeth dose cup....He also ended up w/ the two "A. Majors" cement bottles....and a flask from yest. that we grabbed this morning....

12461E0013D04A11A8CB91875F84111D.jpg

Attachments

• 12461E0013D04A11A8CB91875F84111D.jpg
    12461E0013D04A11A8CB91875F84111D.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 54

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Laur's 'Black man' figure after I cleaned him some,....also a vintage sign from some point in the store above's history, that Lauren unearthed....It says "Radcliffs shoes for women, one price, $2:50" and it looks like it might have had a cutout or frame style center to show the featured shoes. Laur's considering marketing the cast iron face,....Do you think there would be any interest?

72880F6DB10345B6BDE774982FC9EA26.jpg

Attachments

• 72880F6DB10345B6BDE774982FC9EA26.jpg
    72880F6DB10345B6BDE774982FC9EA26.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 44

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks for the laughs, Swizzle! I'm back, but still p****d. I wish I could sneak in with Tom and Joe. Anywho, here is a video from today. We tried to find another place to dig. We had to cross the creek and it was pretty so I took a short video. There is another one as well, with us in the meadow walking to the site. It was a very pretty place. Please read descriptions under videos for more info. One more video coming up. It's a fun one. Sometimes, just getting in the woods is a lot of fun with all the critters. I saw a bird's nest and caterpillar too that I wanted to photograph, but didn't have time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pDaiCsWljA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpML-pV-Yt4

judu

Reaction score
i first thought that the metal face might be one of those old bottle openers. i have seen a few that look real close to that that mount on the wall. after its cleaned im not sure, but maybe.......excellent finds , too bad about the greed guys. i know first hand about that where i was getting my bottles from. one worker found a rare pepsi and sold it for a good sum. now he gets all the bottles that are coming up and even has crew with buckets to pick them up as they come up from the construction site. i dug there with just a shovel for year and now i cant go back there because they want the bottles for money. ....you all have very cool post and i enjoy seeing what you all are digging up next......great finds!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson