Tom on the phone, "Gotta go, I'm digging the best dump of my life!"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
HEY GUYS VERY NICE! I PROBABLY WOULD STILL BE DIGGING THERE RIGHT NOW! LOL CONGRATS ON FINDING THE GOODS!----------MIKE

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Cast Iron mechanical bank, the coin was laid in the right hand of the missing right arm. Push down a lever on the side and the coin went into his mouth. heavily reproduced for years, you won't have any problems finding pictures of originals.

woodswalker

Reaction score
OMG!!!! Looks like tons a fun...wish I could find a place like that around here...Had to feel like you found a sunken ship full of treasure!!! [:D] I luv all the pretty blue and different colors!!!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Tom and Fred got to the site. I was on my way when we got a call halting the dig. The owner or constuction person doesn't want the liability of people under there. We're trying to re-establish the permission through a notarized note or something. Hopefully, it will work out today. Joe, Fred and I are sitting here in a holding pattern. It's hard to think of digging somewhere else right now when we are so tired and sore.

mainer1

Reaction score
Wow that looks like a great time under there. Lots of good looking clean bottles to be dug
Hopefully if they take down the building they will leave the lot clear for a while.
Let us know what happens after the building comes down
Good luck and keep those videos coming there great!!

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
Haven't checked in for a while and just saw your post.

Congrats to you guys for finding something fun to dig! Hope you can re-establish a permission, but I won't hold my breath as once that subject is brought up, it's hard to get past it......unless night surveillance team goes in[:D]

Great pics!
Doug

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Lauren, Joe, Tom and Fred, I've been away for awhile and have some catching up to do. Looks like you all been having some fine digging going on. Good for you guys. Hope you can get a few more hours in before the place comes down. Be safe!

Aloha, Rocky

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
That's also a Blair's ink of Huntingdon, PA. Most of their bottles have a keystone embossed with their initials JCB. Good finds. Looks like a fun dig. Opportunities like this don't come along often. Looks like you were in the right place at the right time.
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Odd ink that Joe dug.  It looks familiar to me, but we're not quite sure what it is.

1D09D406B77F4BF89598605DC6356660.jpg

RedGinger

Reaction score
Well, we waited all day while checking out some other spots. Looks like greed strikes again, as the owners were talking about valuable bottles and wanting what we found. There were some other politics issues involved. Problem is, this is not valuable stuff. Only Tom and Joe will be allowed back at the site. It's too bad, but I'll get past it. I know you can all understand where I'm coming from in feeling like I could cry. Bottle digging takes me to another place where I don't have to think about my worries or troubles. It's totally addictive and the feeling of discovering artifacts just can't be beat. If it was my place, since they are so worried about the value of Bromos, I would say, "Fine, go dig them yourself!" Places around here to dig are few and far between. Perhaps Fred and I will stumble upon something even better. Thanks for everyone's nice comments.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Maybe I'll send Leo over to teach those small town boys how to behave

5DB370612C7240CE94AFB5E55DC974A2.jpg

Attachments

• 5DB370612C7240CE94AFB5E55DC974A2.jpg
    5DB370612C7240CE94AFB5E55DC974A2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 40

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads