Tom on the phone, "Gotta go, I'm digging the best dump of my life!"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I feel for ya judu. I guess it happens to all of us, which does give me a little consolation. Sorry to hear about that, though.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Buffalo Hunter

Cast Iron mechanical bank, the coin was laid in the right hand of the missing right arm. Push down a lever on the side and the coin went into his mouth. heavily reproduced for years, you won't have any problems finding pictures of originals.

Thanks Buffalo Hunter....I found this image online, and while it's close,....It's not the same....I figure this is the one you meant? Mr. Fred brought us a hardbound book this morning of antique candy containers/and machines and dispensers, with some beautiful color shots in it....He's an expert in this field and thinks it was from an early gumball machine type dipenser (pre glass globe) we intend to read thru the book later tonight....so perhaps the mystery continues.............[:D] Thanks, Joe

F75947449781402FAFD3FD18B2CCCB65.jpg

Attachments

• F75947449781402FAFD3FD18B2CCCB65.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 31

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: judu

i first thought that the metal face might be one of those old bottle openers. i have seen a few that look real close to that that mount on the wall. after its cleaned im not sure, but maybe.......excellent finds , too bad about the greed guys. i know first hand about that where i was getting my bottles from. one worker found a rare pepsi and sold it for a good sum. now he gets all the bottles that are coming up and even has crew with buckets to pick them up as they come up from the construction site. i dug there with just a shovel for year and now i cant go back there because they want the bottles for money. ....you all have very cool post and i enjoy seeing what you all are digging up next......great finds!
YEA THAT BITES I HAD THAT HAPPEN TO ME BEFORE

Digswithstick

Reaction score
The owners probably saw too many American Pickers shows ! At least you all got to dig a little and make some finds ,bring home some buckets for sifting
m16.gif

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

ORIGINAL: Buffalo Hunter

Cast Iron mechanical bank, the coin was laid in the right hand of the missing right arm. Push down a lever on the side and the coin went into his mouth. heavily reproduced for years, you won't have any problems finding pictures of originals.

Thanks Buffalo Hunter....I found this image online, and while it's close,....It's not the same....I figure this is the one you meant? Mr. Fred brought us a hardbound book this morning of antique candy containers/and machines and dispensers, with some beautiful color shots in it....He's an expert in this field and thinks it was from an early gumball machine type dipenser (pre glass globe) we intend to read thru the book later tonight....so perhaps the mystery continues.............[:D] Thanks, Joe

Lauren just informed me that Kate (psychodoodle) originally believed this cast face to be part of a bank also,....so there's TWO votes for bank,.....anyone else?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson