Two Jugs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

USAPatriot

Reaction score
Hi,

I have two jugs like the one pictured.
In 1985 I bought a house in Colorado and found these jugs in the crawlspace. They are about 10" tall, very thick green glass with a paint of grey and brown as shown. The paint is nearly impossible to remove -I tried a few of the random spots near the top. I left these jugs outside for 19 years before I moved to California where they currently reside on my pool deck. The jugs endured the Colorado summers to 100+ degrees and winters to -10 degrees, have been buried under mounds of snow and encased in chunks of ice. The glass survived, never cracked. The lids are screw top and appear to be tin but could be aluminum I suppose. The bottom is concave and both jugs have a hallmark that is a square with an "N" inside.

If anyone has any clues, I'd sure be grateful for the info. Thanks! -Rod-

Nl30624.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30624.jpg
    Nl30624.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 60

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Look like 2 old wine jugs to me. They were probably saved after they were used and used for decoration or an art project. Not sure of the age, maybe someone else can help out.[:eek:]

USAPatriot

Reaction score
That's a start, thanks :)
Other opinions? I should have mentioned that the house was built in 1955 and I found other items down there as well, most notably a black-glass bottle of nicotinic acid (pesticide) from the '20's, contents still inside. -Rod-

David E

Reaction score
All I find on a "N" within a square 1915 to date. Machine Made, nothing else given.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday