Two nights in a row!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixel

Reaction score
After a long time of picking up nothing worth mentioning, I get 2 bottles in 2 nights. I always watch the local auction house's listings. They have bottles there very often, but normally, not enough for me to bother going to for. The last few times I have gone, bottles went for big bucks. I saw a photo a few days ago that the upcoming auction had a local stoneware ginger beer in it. OK, that was enough to get me curious. I had to go. Well when I show up tonight, I see the ginger beer has a big repair on it. Not the worst repair I have ever seen, but not the best. That obviously drives the price way down in my mind. It is paired up with an aqua tooled top crown soda from Sudbury, Ontario in the same lot. Being that Sudbury is far north of where I am, I dont recognize the bottle. Auction time comes around, and the lot with the 2 bottles come up. I put a few bids in, but drop out at $60. The guy who wins them happens to be the only other one bidding, and is standing beside me. "Hey, you interested in that Sudbury bottle, I only want the ginger beer" I said sure, and hung around at the auction for a bit. When I decide I have watched enough sets of teacups sell, I tell the guy I am leaving, so if he wants to sell the bottle, lets do it quick. He pays for them so he can get them from the back, and I look at the bottle. I ask how much he wants "bah, $5 bucks, its not worth a thing to me". I search my pockets for some change, only having twenties on me(high roller, right?). The guy then says to me "heck, just take it. As I said, it means nothing to me. You seem to have the bottle connections" and gives me the bottle for free. Thats how I got a nice aqua Ontario quart soda for free. It needs a cleaning, and has some haze, but for the price, I couldnt turn it down! "L.J Jodouin, Trade Mark, Sudbury"

Attachments

• 0b5296c544644fcda989ee97aafcc32f.jpg
    0b5296c544644fcda989ee97aafcc32f.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 73

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Good things come in threes, Kyle. Keep plugging to get the third!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen