Unknown variation of 7up bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The shelves r sturdy wood planks with glass on top & anchored securely, not going anywhere! It's my cats I gotta worry about! Thanks 4 your concern
Sure blame it on the cats! I have one too, he is my best friend/enemy.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Jstorm

Reaction score
Sure blame it on the cats! I have one too, he is my best friend/enemy.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I used heavy duty brackets and lag bolts because I was paranoid of a crash. L.

Attachments

• 20181018_083854.jpg
    20181018_083854.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 87

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I used heavy duty brackets and lag bolts because I was paranoid of a crash. L.
Looks great to me. I would be paranoid of a crash with a full wall like that too. I have 10lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag at all times. I have glass on every window sill, shelve, table, anywhere you can place a bottle. My storage is full, my closets and it is now stacked up in the sunroof. I still have buckets and boxes of unclean stuff I still need to get to. It's a hobby not a hoard so I don't feel guilty. I think?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Jstorm

Reaction score
Looks great to me. I would be paranoid of a crash with a full wall like that too. I have 10lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag at all times. I have glass on every window sill, shelve, table, anywhere you can place a bottle. My storage is full, my closets and it is now stacked up in the sunroof. I still have buckets and boxes of unclean stuff I still need to get to. It's a hobby not a hoard so I don't feel guilty. I think?
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I guess I to am loaded with Stuff but just recently said enough is enough. I started just getting smaller stuff until I start displaying and somewhat get organized. I hope. Lol

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I guess I to am loaded with Stuff but just recently said enough is enough. I started just getting smaller stuff until I start displaying and somewhat get organized. I hope. Lol
That's the key. Organize. I grabbed a bunch of plastic milk crate so I can store them with out worrying about wet boxes. I had a problem and the boxes were falling apart as I was picking them up. I plan on letting go of ones not from my area. Bunch of acl's, I don't collect anymore.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Grenshaw is famous for their green soda bottles. (I believe I have a Min-R-Ize with their base mark-- v. similar to yours.) If memory serves, Grenshaw underwent a couple of mergers/short term glass house acquisitions in the late 30s--kind of hard to come up with exact dates in some cases. A 7-Up person needed. ...Nice bottle cave you have there. Next time try to include a pic of one feline in the room. Maybe watching the tv while eyeing a corner bottle to play with, or just sleeping in front of them! ;)

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Organization is great--that's when winter months come in handy. :)

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Grenshaw is famous for their green soda bottles. (I believe I have a Min-R-Ize with their base mark-- v. similar to yours.) If memory serves, Grenshaw underwent a couple of mergers/short term glass house acquisitions in the late 30s--kind of hard to come up with exact dates in some cases. A 7-Up person needed. ...Nice bottle cave you have there. Next time try to include a pic of one feline in the room. Maybe watching the tv while eyeing a corner bottle to play with, or just sleeping in front of them! ;)
I have a 1962 Glenshaw glass quart 7up bottle. I posted this one before. Others are owen Illinois.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Reactions: Len

epackage

Reaction score
I have several of these bottles. The odd thing is the date on the bottom. It shows 1927! Doesn't seem right but I can find out!
27 is not the date code, the date is determined by the letter on the lip of the bottle on the back.
Each letter was applied only for a single year beginning with “G” for Glenshaw in 1935, “H” in 1936,
“I” in 1937, etc....

epackage

Reaction score
I dug this 7up bottle few years ago & I have not found another one like it! Features 7 bubble label & neck label with 8 bubbles over swim lady with the line & diamond on the back label. Embossed on lower neck ring is 38 & what could be an "I". That doesn't make any sense cuz that back label wasn't used till 1940 & the Grenshaw Bottling company used a letter dating code & J would stand 4 1938 not I. I is for 1937! Any thoughts? View attachment 231295View attachment 231294View attachment 231292View attachment 231293Do have a one of a kind? Is it valuable? I really love this bottle! View attachment 231296
My guess is the I is really a J

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis