What cities are known to have pontiled druggist bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
Here is a 10" OP Rushton Clark & Co // Chemists // // New York

29C766A0CCE1460E847FDE7B43191E92.jpg

Attachments

• 29C766A0CCE1460E847FDE7B43191E92.jpg
    29C766A0CCE1460E847FDE7B43191E92.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 93

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlekid76
Jimbo has a Coster & Coxe from Montgomery that is absolutely incredible. The first time I seen a pic of it I about fell outta my chair lol

ORIGINAL: DruggistBottles
I had to see the Coster and Coxe... ok I now have a new bottle for the top of my pontiled druggist wish list:

Y'all are way too kind. I remember the first time I saw one in a friend's collection when I was a young man, and how profoundly it affected me. I went home and drew a picture of it (didn't have a camera back then). Didn't figure I'd ever get a chance at one since my buddy will probably be buried with his. But years later another guy gives me a call and a chance to get this one. He had this funky (and inaccurate) way of describing the top on this thing that almost made me pass on it. He even took it to the Cherry Hill National and had a good offer on it but didn't take it. Drove it back down to Georgia and gave me a call wondering if I wanted to meet him in Macon to take a look at it. I did, and I almost fell out when I saw it, and even though I bought it, still kick myself for letting it travel across the country where I might've easily lost out on it.

Now I realize this is just my opinion, but the top druggist and possibly the best colored pontilled medicine in the nation, would have to be the amber, OP, dip mold cylinder with an applied seal embossed "G. Harral / Druggist / Savannah, Ga." I really need to get a picture of that thing. Late 1780s and mint as can be. Lord have mercy, that thing will knot your stomach, and tighten your chest something terrible.

I don't have my camera right now, but I'll try to take some decent pictures of the C&C. This is a great thread and I look forward to seeing what's out there.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I really like the Teal Alex Leitch. Do you do any digging? I am in your area.

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
Ok the Harral may end up being my Holy Grail druggist I will look the rest of my life for! I love black glass but in 20 years of collecting I only have a Hostetters. I either need to start digging in another part of the country or win the lottery. And with the rarity of some of these bottles, even that may not be enough. It's good to know they exist though.

3732DA372ED644E59C32F2B70B63242D.jpg

Attachments

• 3732DA372ED644E59C32F2B70B63242D.jpg
    3732DA372ED644E59C32F2B70B63242D.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 84

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

I've heard there's a pontiled med/druggist from Bloomfield, NJ. Anyone ever heard of it? I would kill for one.

I have not heard of it ...and I would not tell you if I had one lest you shalt kill me for it[;)]

I suppose I would let you live if you handed the bottle over in a prompt manner... [;)]

I heard about it from the preeminent local digger, "deep digger" on the forum. If anyone's dug one, it's him! I think, though, he said only dug one broken one. I'm trying to get behind some 1700's houses in Bloomfield, so maybe I'll find one...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles