WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND IN A DUG BOTTLE?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
HI Everyone,

I dug a pontiled London mustard last month fron an 1830s pit it was a very wet hole and the bottle was still corked. When i got it home and started washing it to my supprise it was filled with early square nails and small straight pins that were very well preserved.

Chris

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Guess those guys who went public with their box of cash they supposedly dug up in MA
won't have to worry about the Tax Man for a while. They were just arrested for stealing the box of cash from the attic of a house they had done some roof work on. Not so smart in many ways. Some people never learn. [:D][:D]

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i found an unembossed whiskey flask with a very long tapeworm in it. it came from a privy and still had a cork in it. now in the old days the method for removing the tape worm consisted of starving the patient, which also starved the worm. then a bowl of warm milk was placed for the patient to sit on. i am not sure if the sphincter was proped open but the worm would go to the milk and out of the body. i think he (or she) would have had to insert this bottle to get the worm in.!!!!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey diggerjeff
I think thats just a little too much infomation for me,and I think maybe they would have had to use a FUNNEL.Too bad the flask wasn't embossed[:D][:eek:][X(]

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Another time I was on a holiday in Florida,and got out digging,found some nice items,including a stone jug.I had the items in the van for about 4 days,got back to Canada,and a couple of days later started cleaning my treasures,finally got to the jug,turned it over to shake out the dirt,and out pops a big SCORPION spider,at that point I really could have used 3 wishes.Those suckers are fast,chased it around the kitchen for about 15 min,until I got to send it to the big web in the sky.As luck would have it my wife had gone to the store.
I think there could be a law about transporting exotic pets across borders.
Good job it wasn't endangered,because then I would have had to explain to my wife why we had to keep it in the house.[:D][8D][;)]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Congrats Rich! I am a big fan of those bottles. It just goes to show... there are some good deals out there, you just have to keep a really sharp eye out![:D] Happy Diggin, Kelley

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Congrats lobeycat !
There still are some deals out there from time to time.
While you are on that subject.....check out this article on David Jackson's website. He stole this AWESOME colored Flask !!!! http://www.geocities.com/casperwhiskey/Article.html
David is a helluva nice guy , and has an awesome Casper Whiskey Collection !
Brian

bearswede

Reaction score
Word on the street says those guys stole that "treasure" and faked finding it while digging up a bush... They were last seen being led away in handcuffs...

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Interesting stories...thanks for sharin'.

I hear those idiots got busted too...They oughta be sentenced to some additional time for stupidity also.

Tryin' ta think if I have any other tales to exchange....but my mind is currently drawin' a blank.[8|]

IRISH

Reaction score
Hmm I read about those blokes getting arrested for stealing the banknotes in our local paper, anyone who steals is a fool in my opinion but they must be particularly stupid [;)] .

Diggerjeff, I normaly love all snippets of historical info but that tapeworm info was knowledge I may have done without [:eek:] , not going to ask how you found that out [:D] .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen