WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND IN A DUG BOTTLE?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Well what do you know about that !
That just goes to prove that the old saying.... If it sounds to good to be true.....it more than likely is !!!

Fry the crooks !!! LOL
Brian

justarookie

Reaction score
i was digging early in the week and i came across a certo bottle. i had previously dug about 10 of them the same day so i was about to chuck it when i heard a clink. There was a small pewter earring in the bottle with the letter F engraved on it. Nothin real exciting but something I would not expect to find in a bottle.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
As I understand it, if the guys had kept their story straight (or else remained totally quiet about the "find"), they would have gotten away with it, as the owners of the house/barn where the money was found were NOT aware of the money being hidden there.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
ROOKIE...Thankd for sharing...don't be surprised about anything ya find in a bottle/jar....or just while diggin' in general. Keep yer eyes peeled for the small stuff.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
wot?...no new posts?
C'mon, there's gotta be some more stories among alla youns.[;)]

Tandy

Reaction score
Hi whiskeyman!

Greetings from South Oz.

I am afraid I dont have much to tell, other than these two:-

I was walking through some mangroves looking for old bottles when I saw this clear 13 oz bottle lying on top of the mud. I noticed that there was something in it, and so I picked it up. There was a message in the bottle, but after twenty or more years, I can not remember what it said. It was not an old one, that I can remember.

The other one was when I was walking through some hills nearby, and I picked up this amber screw top bottle, embossed with the name of a British chemist, Southampton I think. It contained small round, brown pills.

preditor

Reaction score
I didn't find anything in a bottle however i did find something interesting i went digging two days in a row in the same spot and i kept digging up snakes but as soon as i would dig one up it would go back into the ground i dug it out agin and it immediatly burrowed its head into the dirt and it was gone. anyway i finaly caught one i tried for two days to identify it i finaly found a book at the library that had a picture that looked like it its brown with a light pink belly the book said it was a worm snake it also said they are rarely seen and also endangered i am now in the process of finding someone who can tell me what to do with it i dont know if the nc wildlife would want me to just put it back or if they would want to come try to find more of them and raise them in captivity when i find out i'll post further i just thought it was cool to find an endangered species.
Preditor[8D]

swizzle

Reaction score
I would take some good pics of the little critter and put it back. They stand a better chance in their own enviroment then in a cage. I would also let the conservation dept. know where I found it. They may want to preserve that area for future generations of endangered critters. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
I just found a small vile with crystals and what looks like a gold filling in it. Swiz

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen