What is the best cut of beef steak?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
2 strip steaks weighting 1 lb total...$99.95, 2-36 oz ribeyes $199.99. Ouch!
IT IS NO WONDER A JAPANESE FACTORY MOVED HERE! THEY SAID THEY WERE GONNA BE A LOT OF JOBS....WRONG!! THEY DID BUY THE LARGEST CATTLE FARM HERE AND OUR CITY COMMISIONERS EVEN HELPED THEM OUT BY GIVING THEM A COW AND BULL AS A GIFT!!![:-][:-][:-]

HEY GETTING FREE BEER AND MASSAGES ALMOST MAKES ME WANT TO BE A COW IN JAPAN!!

GREAT INFO!! JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I like my steak burned to a crisp and smothered in A1 or Worcestershire.. I'm more interested in the baked potato and sauteed broccoli than the meat.. you can put lipstick on protein and fat, but it's still protein and fat... [8|]

CF78E982413A402CA14AE4C44C1C6F71.jpg

GLAD YOU ARE BUSY!!!! MISS YOU THOUGH!!! JAMIE

madman

Reaction score
new york strip is my fave, yes its hard to digest, eat steak slowly and chew chew chew..........

KBbottles

Reaction score
If you haven't tried it already, you almost can't go wrong with a pork tenderloin. Makes for an awesome lean cut of meat. I buy these and do the following:

Preheat Oven to say around 400 or so. You start with a higher temperature to develop a nice crispy crust around the loin. Take the loin out of the package and trim off as much of the fat as you can. Then, pat the loin dry with a papertowel. Don’t worry too much about this step though. Get a spice container of Cajun seasoning and coat your loin(s). Massage it in there and really cover it so there’s plenty of flavor. Place the loin(s) in your baking dish and put in oven for about 25 minutes or so. While the loin’s baking, make your sauce. Take about a cup or so of fresh orange juice and place in small bowl. Squeeze plenty of honey in and microwave for a few seconds until honey is fully blended with the juice. Go ahead and taste and add more of either until you like it. I tend to like it sweeter with lots of honey so it creates a nice glaze when applied. After the 25 minutes are up, open the oven and spoon some of the juice on the loin so the entire loin is coated and moist ;). Reduce heat to 350-375 (your call) and cook for another 15-25 minutes or so. You can cut through the pork to look at the inside and see if it looks done. A few minutes before you take out, go ahead and add the remaining juice. When finished, take out of the oven, place on a serving plate and cut thin crosswise slices. Goes well with mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, red or white wine, etc…! ENJOY!!!!![/ol]
As for an easy dessert idea, you can take an angelfood pound cake and cut into small cubes. Mix this with a thing of cool whip in a bowl. Then dump a can of cherry pie filling on top and refrigerate. Recipe is called cherries in the snow aka Midwestern White Person dessert. (no offense LOL I lived in Southern Wisconsin for 4 years and picked this one up from a local hahaha). Enjoy!!

rockbot

Reaction score
I love animals, they taste good!
With that said, Porterhouse is by far the best cut of steak. But to be honest with you the best tasting part of a steer is the shank. Very tough meat so we make ossobucco soup with it. Brown shank meat in a frying pan then add to crock pot with drippings, water, stew tomatoes, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 6 hours or when meat falls from bone. Add potatoes and macaroni and cook for 20 more minutes. The best tasting soup ever!

Check out my grass fed steer last fall at 16 months. Harvested him two weeks ago. Got 500 lbs + of meat packed away and will last us till next summer.

Aloha, Rocky

98A4E205A03F4DB6B7841B1B5B2540C0.jpg

Attachments

• 98A4E205A03F4DB6B7841B1B5B2540C0.jpg
    98A4E205A03F4DB6B7841B1B5B2540C0.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 57

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member