What is this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
1880s - 1900 would be the right age range for that lamp. I've recently dug aqua examples exactly the same shape from a dump dated 1895 - 1900. These often have 'The Lamp' embossed on the side, but it can be very very faint.
Jerry

Mihai

Reaction score
Hey Jerry, can you please post a picture with one of your lamps. With the part with the embossing if possible. I can't find anything on mine.

Mihai

Reaction score
Lime green you said? This weekend I'm back in the hole to look for one. The heat is gone, the rain can only cool me. Bring it on!

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Mihai

Hey Jerry, can you please post a picture with one of your lamps. With the part with the embossing if possible. I can't find anything on mine.

Sorry Mihai, I don't have any photos, and I don't have the lamps any longer! They went to help cover travel costs. Managed to get about £5 each for them (aqua) at a bottle show in the summer.
Jerry

Mihai

Reaction score
No worries Jerry! Thanks for answer anyway!

swizzle

Reaction score
It almost looks like a fire gernade or a target ball but I would go with the lamp guess. I found a small bottle with a burst top like that that looked like an ink to me. It had firefly embossed on the side and had a purple substance inside. Kinda the same shape as what you got there. I thought mine was an ink but someone else said they thought it was a lamp. It is possible that it was born a lamp and turned into an ink. Kind of early 1900's recycling. Either way the coolest finds are the ones that keep you guessing. Swizzle

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1