What kind of bottle is this? please help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
any significant value?

That usually is the last question! I don't know specifically because I don't have any nomenclature to reference. I would guess it is in the $25-$30dollar range, meaning it would sell on Ebay for less than that. ! If you had the plug, nipple and rubber strap it may bring more. The more you learn about an item the more value it has to you. The better you can sell to others. I will post more as I find it.
Joel

LC

Reaction score
Darn it Richard, you are making me wish I had not sold off my nursing bottles after seeing this display ! I did not have any of the bent neck ones, but I had quite a collection of the straight sided ones with embossed figures. I believe I did keep one or two of them though. Below is a pic of a couple of doll nursing bottles I have. I believe the milk glass bottle has an applied top.

453AFEE680F34AFC8B07B136F7508E43.jpg

Attachments

• 453AFEE680F34AFC8B07B136F7508E43.jpg
    453AFEE680F34AFC8B07B136F7508E43.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 80

bearswede

Reaction score
One must take pause, Richard, upon pondering the depths of depravity plied by those creatures so inclined to the collection of antique nursing bottles... Da buttons mus' be poppin' offa Papa Freud's ves'!!!!!!!!!

PoohZoo

epgorge

Reaction score
No it's not a W and it's not the first American made nursing bottle

Thanks Lobe!

I said the first American made nursing bottle, according to the url I referenced, was made by a man who's name began with a W. It was just a quick reference for our farmer friend to research. Not an implication it was the first bottle.

I would be interested in seeing the maker and the value as I have been looking at buying on for the past week.
Ep

1designingwoman

Reaction score
HI, I am new to the bottle world. I have found a treasure trove of bottles in cleaning out a barn! Can anyone help me in dating and value of some of my finds?

White Milk Glass jar - on bottom "Maclaren's Imperial Cheese Trade Mark R G S U " and the picture of two cows heads. Stands only 2 1/2 inches high. base diameter 1 1/2 inches, top with lip 2 1/4 inches. Looks like wax or a cork was used to seal it. No threads.

White Milk Glass bottle -with red threads running through it. Beautiful. 10 " high. 1 thread on top, top measuring 1 3/8" diameter, base measures 3 1/2" in diam.On base in triangle placement "3" at top-letter"H" at bottom left - "10" on bottom right In the center is a capital "H" with a smaller capital "A" under the cross-bar of the H. (anchor hocking?)

Any help is appreciated. I have Lydia Pinkham bottles, A&P bottles, beer bottles, ink bottles. Where is the best place to research ? I have about 50 !!!!!

thanks, Janet

sldavis

Reaction score
Hello,Welcome to the forum. This is one of the best sites for info.I would suggest pictures.Lydia pinkhams are common unless you have an unusual one again pictures will help.Take your time before you sell any.Do you have any colored ones like amber or blue? Hope this helps a little Clinton

sldavis

Reaction score
The white milk glass one could be a barber bottle.The height and desription make me fell that it is.Good luck Clinton

1designingwoman

Reaction score
Thanks Clinton, wrote this long description of other bottles then went to take pics, and I timed out!!! Used the digital on Micro and the bottles cannot be read. I used dark and white backgrounds. Any tips on how to make them legible? Janet

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Here's a site with pix of infant feeders & nursers that date from ancient Roman times to near modern day...[/align]Also included are breast pumps, nipple shields, ceramic & glass feeders, and "ordinary" nursing bottles.[/align] [/align]http://www.pedialink.org/pedialink/neopix/view.cfm?lvl=2&topicID=023&myLevel=I[/align]

Plus...feeders made from unusual materials, like a powder horn and a cowhorn...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman