What you do other than bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
What do I do other then dig bottles...Hummm
At this point in time that is all I do with my free time.If I am not digging for bottles, I am trying to get places to dig,or writing story's about our digging adventures.I just finished another long story witch will be published in the Jan or Feb issue of AB&GC.magazine.
The other thing I have a passion for is deer hunting.I used to hunt with the bow exclusively, but now I only go rifle hunting.That is only one week out of the year.and it is coming up the Monday after thanksgiving.Then my mind goes right back to digging bottles.[:D]

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Kate I have attended and displayed at that show over the years its a really neat place... John

T D

Reaction score
I'm a soloist, in fact I'm listening to a CD right now to learn a song for a wedding next Friday. Last Christmas, I sang the baritone solos in Handel's Messiah. My wife and I have recently done a play in our little theater called "I Do, I Do." It is a two hour play for just two actors with eighteen songs and tons of dialog. I swore I'd never learn it...we did...always good to stretch what you think you can do. I used to be car crazy, I had eleven in the yard at once, but I've gotten rid of most. I love college football, and in the Pros, I have even started liking (again) the Atlanta Falcons this year. I do crossword puzzles, tend to an elderly mother, tend to three still in school, and take a few photos when I can. I love to read, but do it mosly this time of year when I've got more time. I do play by play on the radio for our high school football team...so I travel on Friday nights. Nothing has been as constant as bottles, going on 30+ years now. Nuf fer now...

ajohn

Reaction score
I go to my childrens sport events,All of them.My son,A.J.

355913D1DC074CE193947BD05D29AB30.jpg

Attachments

• 355913D1DC074CE193947BD05D29AB30.jpg
    355913D1DC074CE193947BD05D29AB30.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 69

ajohn

Reaction score
My daughter,Delaney

08C1117B9BB6458E8FE7693EE952971F.jpg

Attachments

• 08C1117B9BB6458E8FE7693EE952971F.jpg
    08C1117B9BB6458E8FE7693EE952971F.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 80

jays emporium

Reaction score
Brad, I don't remember you from the bottle show but I'm glad you know who I am. Please introduce yourself again if you come to the bottle show next year.
I also deer hunt. I got a nice 9 point buck with 16" inside spread near Edna, Texas this year during archery season. Real good buck for this area with low fence.

beendiggin

Reaction score
I am from a family of seven and was a chef when I was younger so I really like cooking, and good homemade food. I love to fish in saltwater and freshwater, camping, and I build houses for a living. Board games with friends, guitar playing and raising my two daughters with my wife of 17 years takes care of the rest.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: T D

I'm a soloist, in fact I'm listening to a CD right now to learn a song for a wedding next Friday. Last Christmas, I sang the baritone solos in Handel's Messiah. My wife and I have recently done a play in our little theater called "I Do, I Do." It is a two hour play for just two actors with eighteen songs and tons of dialog. I swore I'd never learn it...we did...always good to stretch what you think you can do. I used to be car crazy, I had eleven in the yard at once, but I've gotten rid of most. I love college football, and in the Pros, I have even started liking (again) the Atlanta Falcons this year. I do crossword puzzles, tend to an elderly mother, tend to three still in school, and take a few photos when I can. I love to read, but do it mosly this time of year when I've got more time. I do play by play on the radio for our high school football team...so I travel on Friday nights. Nothing has been as constant as bottles, going on 30+ years now. Nuf fer now...
FALCONS? FALCONS? FALCONS! I LOVE YOU MAN![8D] AJOHN: GREAT KIDS MAN!! GO DELANEY AND MR.65!!!!!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

Kate I have attended and displayed at that show over the years its a really neat place... John
John,

I guess I should have known you’d been there.
I have a personal connection to Joanna Furnace. My dad worked for Bethlehem Steel and, primarily because of the Bicentennial, started learning about the local iron industry. He knew Bethlehem Steel owned this property and wanted it preserved, so he asked Bethlehem Steel if they would donate the property if he could find an organization interested in preserving it, which they agreed to. I know he spoke to a local historical society and they agreed to take it, but only if it came with money… so he kept looking and found the Haycreek Historical Society that had a number of very active members willing to take on a challenge. As you know, they have done an amazing job down there and have several nice festivals a year… as well as great chicken! The first Haycreek event I went to was (I think) in 1979, when it was held at the local Fire Company – I wanted that chicken in the worst way – smelled fantastic! Nope – my parents wouldn’t spend the money. About 3-4 years ago I went with them to the Fall Festival and waited in line for the chicken – of course, they ran out just before they got to me and I had to wait another 20 minutes until more was done – but what’s another 20 minutes when I waited for that chicken for 25 years!
Incidentally, I think when they first started cleaning the area up, they dug a lot of old bottles out of that place. My dad told me that probably close to 20 years ago when I only had a general (rather than hands on) interest in such things, so I don’t know more than that. If you get a chance, talk to some of the members when you are down there next and ask them about it.

Kate

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I metal detect and doodle... and used to buy lots of craft stuff that I never really did anything constructive with, but still have plans.. I am a packrat and love free stuff. It is very unhelpful to see 100 year old boxes and tags that are so farn interesting. It makes cleaning my house very difficult, cuz somehow I have this deep understanding that packrats save history for future generations. And the Pennsylvania Dutch gene (waste not want not mentality) and ADD doesn't help the situation. I love to read, but go through reading spurts. I'll recommend Harry Potter to anyone! Steven King, John Grisham, Jonathan Kellerman... many many more...
Kate

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem