Whats up now?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: barberman

no side holes. go straight down.

So if I dig straight down won't I be standing on what I'm digging? Seems kind of difficult unless I dig a super big hole for standing/digging room. This my first and I've got many many more spotted today. Permissions will be easy. Never in this town has a privy been dug.

Like metal detecting in 1972 with my Relco Pacesetter, I was the first in town. The Methodist church yard was full of coins, rings and a 1940's mickey mouse watch. What a treat it was to be the first. No Discrimination, dug everything. I love new adventures.

You will be the first to dug one then------------go on out and dig it

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Do you want to know why I am getting a little short with this subject? because you contacted me through email,and ask me what I thought you should do. I told you what I think you should do" through experience", but you still ask the same question over and over on ABN.

People that responded to you about this subject said the same exact thing I told you in email,(well some of them) You keep saying there are no privy's with bottles in them in Kansas,go prove them wrong. But stop talking about it and go do it, Have you dug down into one of those depressions yet?? The next post you put up should say. "I dug down to about 4 feet"

When you dig down you have to take what you dig out of the hole.You will be standing on fill until you reach the bottom then you will be standing on hard "natural clay" better known as mother earth.

It really isn't rocket since it is a hobby of common sense . In reality your just digging a hole man,diggin a hole.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Barberman, find the size of the pit and dig it from wall to wall, you will be able to tell when you are out of the pit by probing, this way you can work and dig it down without digging outside of the pit, also this helps because the soil jn the pit will come in anyway as you would get close to the walls and you would have to dig all this out again, its make it a lot better if you do it this way.

Joe.

David Fertig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Do you want to know why I am getting a little short with this subject? because you contacted me through email,and ask me what I thought you should do. I told you what I think you should do" through experience", but you still ask the same question over and over on ABN.

People that responded to you about this subject said the same exact thing I told you in email,(well some of them) You keep saying there are no privy's with bottles in them in Kansas,go prove them wrong. But stop talking about it and go do it, Have you dug down into one of those depressions yet?? The next post you put up should say. "I dug down to about 4 feet"

When you dig down you have to take what you dig out of the hole.You will be standing on fill until you reach the bottom then you will be standing on hard "natural clay" better known as mother earth.

It really isn't rocket since it is a hobby of common sense . In reality your just digging a hole man,diggin a hole.

What exactly are you trying to say?

C20895382F014DAD954E05C00854B735.jpg

Attachments

• 6E5B170C3CB34CB985AC05F71A1880B1.jpg
    6E5B170C3CB34CB985AC05F71A1880B1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 67

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
If you are standing on the pit and you dig the dirt from under your feet you will likely be now standing ~8" closer to the bottom of the pit.
if you hit molten lava you dug too far , otherwise you are ok.
Bottles and pottery are a good sign.
If you hit gold bars give me a call I will move them out of your way.
Even digging empty holes is good for the soul.

that is the extent of my digging wisdom, no charge.

madman

Reaction score
please dig the pits now! use a freakin bucket to remove the water! i cant stand it !

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: David Fertig

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

What exactly are you trying to say?

C20895382F014DAD954E05C00854B735.jpg

Dave are you on something good? you are just not your self lately

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yes! Dig em already!!! LOL

You may have to do some bailing in the bottom, but it will be worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL