Whats up now?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
No Chit

FA8E288941FE4908901C9AD4F282E97D.jpg

Attachments

• FA8E288941FE4908901C9AD4F282E97D.jpg
    FA8E288941FE4908901C9AD4F282E97D.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 62

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

Heavy clay soil? No problem with the blunt tips we use. You want to see bottles laying in a pit like this, from yesterday.
CIMG2935.jpg

forget this noise, hey Mike, lets here more about this?
18" deep privy behind saloon in Yuba Co town. 24 flasks, all no-namers

rpinkham

Reaction score
[/quote]
As long as you put the yard back the way you left it,the home owners should not have a problem with it. We have dig ratty yards with no grass and we have dug yards that looked life golf courses,with out a problem.

If a family had 5 kids their privy couldn't be to shallow. That is 7 people craping in a shallow hole. Can you say what stinks?

My problem is locating a likely spot to dig. I havent probed any anomalies in these very old and rural locations. I would love to be proved wrong!

The local old men say the content of the outhouse was treated like the output of the rest of the livestock and subsequently cleaned several times a year. Evidently it didnt smell much worse than the pigs.

No matter though, i'll keep trying and edge closer to towns.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The local old men say the content of the outhouse was treated like the output of the rest of the livestock and subsequently cleaned several times a year. Evidently it didnt smell much worse than the pigs.

[8D] Yeah! and ifn it got to smellin too bad, they would dump lime in it to kill the smell......

barberman

Reaction score
Went to a 1870 house 1 block from downtown on the main drag, it was condemned at the last city council meeting. The back yard is totally clear to the alley. 50' wide lot according to the 1885 Sanborn. P.i.s.s.e.s me off, I don't know what I'm supposed to feel when probing. Got a 4 footer then I poke in the 6 footer.

I see circular depressions and 10' wide skinny depressions. Probing I feel cinder and and soft dirt then at 2 foot tight mud the rest of the way.

About ready to give up. Wish I'd win the lottery, then I'd hire one of you professional bozo diggers to come out to Kansas and teach me and my friend.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: barberman

Went to a 1870 house 1 block from downtown on the main drag, it was condemned at the last city council meeting. The back yard is totally clear to the alley. 50' wide lot according to the 1885 Sanborn. P.i.s.s.e.s me off, I don't know what I'm supposed to feel when probing. Got a 4 footer then I poke in the 6 footer.

I see circular depressions and 10' wide skinny depressions. Probing I feel cinder and and soft dirt then at 2 foot tight mud the rest of the way.

About ready to give up. Wish I'd win the lottery, then I'd hire one of you professional bozo diggers to come out to Kansas and teach me and my friend.

You better give up now son because after calling us" professional bozo diggers" no one in their right mind will help you. I am not even in my right mind and I wouldn't help you after that remark. Besides we gave you all the info you need and you still can't do it. You seem un teach-A-Bull

study this picture.It is an old bottle over a privy. You can dream about it. Bozo

PS He STILL didn't do a test hole wow! Im done

FA951A22A174469DAAE06514B115099B.jpg

Attachments

• FA951A22A174469DAAE06514B115099B.jpg
    FA951A22A174469DAAE06514B115099B.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 61

barberman

Reaction score
Sorry you took offense. Kind of like when you made ***** comments toward me last week. No I'm not too smart, I've only got one college degree and a commercial license which won't help find bottles. Industrial Design from KU. (Kansas University)

I'm 54 so guess I should go the nursing home with my cane. Really wanted to find some bottles. You guys gave some great advice and I thank you!

Just can't get the hang of it. I'll keep trying.

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: barberman

dont give it up, just keep trying... every area is different and you got to get to know the ground... after awhile you'll get a feel for it...

as for feeling that tight mud everywhere most likely what your looking for is an area that doesn't feel like that... something different from everything else...

keep at it, you will find stuff. if your 54 you know about patience, persistence and paying your dues by now...

barberman

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement without ranting. I'll keep poking yards.
(Although the ranting is entertaining!)
My beautiful wife and 2 kids think the privy thing is the neatest hobby I've had in years!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson