who all digs in rivers besides me???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Found a few good bottles where I live (harvard rye whiskey, dr. kilmers swamp root cure, dr. s.b.h. and co., hutchinson pop bottles, and other items like pipes, clay marbles, and doll faces & hands...Was wondering if anyone else digs in their local rivers..Interested in privy digging...thanks[:)]

Ace of spades

Reaction score
I have not tried a river yet, But I really want to in the spring. I already have a few scoped out for after the spring thaw. What do you do, I was planning on just walking with a shovel to see if I could find anything?

Ace of spades

alabasterbottle

Reaction score
I scout the creek near my house, I have found plenty of good bottles, straight sided cokes and other types of bottles, one problem is, alot of them look like they have been sand blasted due to the tumbling action of the creek. I'm sure river type flow would produce a better quality bottle.
Tom

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
I dig some spots on the Ohio River but they're a little later. The good spots are unaccessible unless you can dive(hint hint to the divers). When they put the locks and dams in the Ohio River it raised the level and covered the good stuff up. As far as I know nobody has done any diving around here. Once again hint hint nudge nudge! I need some divers to come over in the spring and I'll be the safety man up top.

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey digger i dig on the ohio river bank alot. zanes right about them raisn the pool an coviring a lot up. im lucky tho they built a flood wall were i live in 1938 . alot of the fill they used was form a dump that was fairly early so i dig some suff thats 1880 an up. the town is much older an iam looken for one of the older dumps. well good luck diggen.bill

Reaction score
We have a civil war barracks & the oldest home in the town accross from where i dig...I usually take a shovel, and a probe (sometimes i'll take small hand garden tools) and sometimes i will use items that i dig up, shards spoons whatever...be careful with the shovel as you can go right thru a good piece...there are alot of shards where i dig, so that's a good indicator of a starting point...good luck in the spring!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn