Who came first!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Tom, Yeah their pontiled. I used to have quite a few of them but they have gotten away from me over the years.

Hey Mike, if those are not clay marbles then they are very unique. If they are some kind of rock then I'd guess Indian gaming stone.

madman

Reaction score
hey bottleman yes ino the eggs are hollow, thanks, this post reminded me of some objects id found, hey cap there not made of clay, there like solid marble, the largest is bigger than a golf ball, all are to big to be marbles, seems to be alot of these in this one area, these are very heavy any ideas would be apreciated mike

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Nothing like a good egg![sm=lol.gif] I dug this pontiled egg down the road at a old pre 1900 cellar hole, at first I thought it was a light bulb..... I have also recovered some of those rounded stones in my old farm digs, they are almost always a light or white color, I guessed they might have been a poor farmers sustitute for a setting egg or wanna be kids marble..... This is just a long shot but I once saw in a old mill a antique machine that used porcelain/ceramic rounded like balls in a large tumbler for polishing metal parts....Strange things show up in old digs like large colored elec insulators for houses that never had power???? Oh well my 2 cents worth..... Taz

Jh17175.jpg

Attachments

• Jh17175.jpg
    Jh17175.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 51

bearswede

Reaction score
Love the toy, Taz...

Electrolysis on the horizon? Or does that devalue antique toys?

Ron

capsoda

Reaction score
Now they could be tumbling cporcelians.hadn't seen any for a long time and they are often mistaken for other things.

Hey Jim, Nice egg toys.[sm=lol.gif] They would clean up nicely.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Sorry madman, I think I read your post wrong. Now that I think of it, they do kind of look like ball mill balls for grinding up grain or corn. Just a guess though.

~~Tom

madman

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the info, there was a chicken hatchery very near the dump, also ive dug lots of milking buckets, jugs, pots and pans farm stuff, metal, also the original water works is right there also, closed in 1918 due to typhoid mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey