WHO WAS IN A PRIVY DURING THE EARTHQUAKE?!?!?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
That was no earthquake. A puny 5.7? We hardly feel those in CA.[8D]

VTdigger

Reaction score
I dug after work after 3:30, some people I work with said they felt a little of it (in Vermont.) but I didn't feel a thing.

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
That was no earthquake. A puny 5.7? We hardly feel those in CA.

The geology is MUCH different in the west than in the East Coast. If for no other reason, you should take some courses in Geology!

Mike

glass man

Reaction score
I was up all night last night due to ins..couldn't sleep.I live here in North Ga. and it knocked me outta the bed and plumb out the window into a neighbor's wheelbarrow he was wheeling down his side yard..thenh a wide crack came up and the ground came up delivering lots of real old bottles from the 1860 period! A GREAT DAY!!JAMIE

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I saw footage of the damage and was very surprised at the problems from such a small shaker. Even though the eastern US has well known fault zones there has been little effort to increase earthquake protection construction standards. Loma Prieta, here in CA, was a magnitude 7.1 and we barely felt it. Water sloshed from the pool, but our 90 yr old house suffered no damage and no bottles fell from the shelves and windowsills. They were not puttied down, just free standing.

RonJonbold

Reaction score
Even a relatively mild quake like that one can be dangerous if you're near the epicenter and, say, underneath a building that happens to fall on you. And like you said, Caldigr2, we get earthquakes out here all the time and so we build with quakes in mind, which cuts the damage. Think what would happen if there was a heavy snowfall in LA and how that would affect the way people drive, when there's no snowmoving equipment and most people don't have chains. But in Minneapolis it's not a problem.

I've been through so many of them that I must have been on the privy for one or another but I don't remember.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles