Wow this place is dead lately

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nydigger

Reaction score
Since being back figuring out the new site has been a pain in the butt. But its coming along. As for posts i really didnt get a chance to dig this past year, so thats why there have been few pictures from me. This coming year is going to be different, hope to dig more and post more. Most my digging stops in Oct anyway cuz my spots are wooded and Oct first starts hunting season, I would rather not get shot with anything while digging lol [:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It could be a combination of much of what's been posted........ or maybe it's just the holiday season consuming folks free time.[8|]Check back after New Year.[:)]

peejrey

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
I could be a combination of much of what's been posted........ or maybe it's just the holiday season consuming folks free time.[8|]Check back after New Year.[:)]
Yes I've noticed it does slow down around the holidays… But it's normal..

glass man

Reaction score
Wish I had lots of money to donate to his place..hey that would help take the load off ROGER who has kept this place going..I THANK YOU FOR THAT ROGER MAN!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

David Fertig

Reaction score
I have to agree with the above posts. I might not be an old-timer yet, but at age 38, I like things to be consistant. I get a new phone, and by the time I have it figured out, it is time to get a new one. I get a new computer, and same thing. I finally figure out my family's health insurrance and ....... Anyhow, it takes me more time with this new layout, and that takes some of the fun out of it. I had the old system down - I knew what percent to reduce pics, click the insert box, and there it is. I could easily find the threads I was following. It seemed easier to remember what I read, instead of getting half way though and then realizing I had read it a couple days ago. I have no idea what is required for a site such as this. Really do not understand that the old site was un-workable, un-updateable, or dying a slow death. To me - on my end of this site - everything seemed good. And Don - I know what you are speaking of. There were some of us - me included - who sometimes may have not had the kindest of words for others on here. I remember when I was new here and Red posted something about newer bottles, or milk bottles having no value. Think I had a comment about that! And there were others who seemed to rub some the wrong way. My opinion is to put this site back the way it was. My understanding is that it cannot happen. So - is there a way that this new site can be changed to get us somewhere in between the two? Just changing it to blue, I believe, will not help. And I would insert a pic, but the new size allowed must be smaller then the old size, and I just do not feel like taking the time to resize it, save it, etc. All that said - I do appreciate the time spent by those who run this site. Thank you.

epgorge

Reaction score
Roger,What happens to the site when your say, 90+ and can "no longer do"? Got a twenty year plan? Look at the knowledge you have helped facilitate for posterity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful, Man!Joel

MNJars

Reaction score
The process of posting a photo is tedious, and lots of posters mess it up. Is there a forum function that would automatically resize a larger photo to the proper size? I've been on other forums that do this. All you have to do is upload a photo and the forum resizes it for you. Just my 2 cents as to one reason why this forum is under-utilized.

MNJars

Reaction score
It's good that the file size limit is being increased. Maybe I worded my comment wrong. What I meant was, other forums have file size limits as well, but if I were to upload an image that was 3MB, which far exceeds the file size limit, the forum would automatically reduce the resolution prior to it being stored on the forum, height and width while maintaining the image aspect ratio, to the point that the file size is beneath the forum's limit. This eliminates the user's extra steps outside of the forum to reduce the file size. I'm not sure if that function is a possibility, but it's always been a frustrating task for me and clearly for others that simply can't figure it out and have to resort to emailing pictures to other users.Again, just my 2 cents. I'm here either way!

David Fertig

Reaction score
My problem was with pics that I had used on here before. I click on the "full version" then "attach images" then "upload from my computer" and it says 100kB max. I used to scale down to about 170-185 for the old site, but just did not feel like taking the time to redo them the couple times I wanted to post a pic lately.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler