Youngstown, O

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever dug in Youngstown? A collecting friend was recently there visiting relatives and he reports that it is plumb packed with early houses and NO sign of any diggin'. Derilict structures abound. What gives?

THE BADGER

Reaction score
i'll drive baltodigger.i hear youngstown is big in the old pottery department,im sure the old bottles too. dave

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'll bring the 5 gallon buckets and the tarps... and a 12 pack

Digswithstick

Reaction score
You need 5 people at least ,3 to dig and 2 to watch your stuff !
m16.gif

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey digwithsticks,you live out that way,youngstown isnt it kinda like the compton of the east. dave

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Yeah they call it Ruff town , walk softly and carry a big stick ,cc permit and heat would be a plus as well ,there are places you definitely don't want to go.Barter goods for digging permissions a plus as well ,let me know if you find any good spots and need some help ,i am not far from there ,never dug a privy just dumps in the woods. Company i work for was doing job not far from there ,locked up equipment to job trailer someone busted locks and took the whole trailer
m13.gif

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I have never personally set foot in Youngstown, but have dug extensively in very dark, gang infested areas of Oakland and San Francisco, Ca, as well as Brooklyn, Albany, Philly, and other places equally as "rough" without any serious difficulty. It's all about how you present yourself, so being timid invites trouble from the denizens. Maintaining a cool attitude is the best way to get to know the residents of an area that you anticipate digging in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc