I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
glad they decided not to show off bottle digging, could of hurt the hobby.
It will turn into another STAGGED reality show, who only show the good finds and not all the effort spent on the not so good finds, Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Storage wars have all "sold out"..scripted shows...planted finds ect ect..Pickers and Stars need to go back to the way it was in seasons one

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I like it when they show the less valuable stuff as well as the valuable on shows like pawn stars. It stinks when they start sifting through and only letting the major stuff on. I like to learn about it all, it doesn't matter if its worth $1 or $1,000,000 when I am watching. If I owned it, I am sure it would be a different story. haha.

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I don't do much digging, but if I did..... I seriously doubt a long sleeve WHITE shirt under a vest would be my digging attire....

78620EF39FC64FDBB9E2FB090CA1E311.jpg

Attachments

• 78620EF39FC64FDBB9E2FB090CA1E311.jpg
    78620EF39FC64FDBB9E2FB090CA1E311.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 74

hemihampton

Reaction score
I missed it. Didn't they have Two, 1/2 shows back to back? LEON.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
It was such utter BS I gave up after the first 25 minutes, Ive got better things to do with my time then watch a couple of childish morons make fools of themselves, same with show diggers.

I wouldnt mind watching a"REAL" treasure hunting show, such as a documentary about sunken treasure, or if they would make a detecting show which had ups and downs, Its impossible to find something good every single time. Hell, or even one where the people in it didnt act like idiots. This is why I like American Pickers. I know someone who worked on the show for the first 2 seasons. Its all staged (the guys spend a day or two picking the place out before they film everything, or if theres nothing on location they plant stuff, Ive even picked 1 location that they did a year after they filmed there and they missed bottles completely). But at least its fun, educational, and they act professional.

Even from the few episodes of various detecting shows, being an detector myself, I could tell that the stuff they pull out is planted, for God's sake its all too clean. Nowhere can you find an 1838 large cent without a single particle of patina on it. There is no place that you could possibly detect where any metal other than gold, silver, or platinum come out as clean as they show on tv (unless its sealed in a container or not in the ground).

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
FAKE AS SIN JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE DIGGING SHOWS.
SOMKINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Plumbata

Reaction score
Since I was a little kid I've hated garbage like this. First it was Antiques roadshow, which was BS, and now there are piles of worthless staged shows all catering to the 2-digit IQ demographic. Pawn stars, pickers, diggers, etc are all fake and personally infuriating. First time I saw pawn stars I about broke the TV because the fabricated BS pissed me off so bad. If I want to watch idiots bumbling around all day I can go to the police station and observe the cops, or go to the biker bars and count the trashy Harley riders, but sure as sunshine you'll never catch me wasting my time watching idiots being idiots on TV.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Since I was a little kid I've hated garbage like this. First it was Antiques roadshow, which was BS, and now there are piles of worthless staged shows all catering to the 2-digit IQ demographic. Pawn stars, pickers, diggers, etc are all fake and personally infuriating. First time I saw pawn stars I about broke the TV because the fabricated BS pissed me off so bad. If I want to watch idiots bumbling around all day I can go to the police station and observe the cops, or go to the biker bars and count the trashy Harley riders, but sure as sunshine you'll never catch me wasting my time watching idiots being idiots on TV.

Give this man the Clap!!![:D]

AA524471B85B4F49800AFDC2CA3A81BD.gif

Attachments

• AA524471B85B4F49800AFDC2CA3A81BD.gif
    AA524471B85B4F49800AFDC2CA3A81BD.gif
    53.7 KB · Views: 81

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member