What were you doing in 2002?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Congartulations Antiquenut on your hard earned accomplishment!
Nina, that is a great story. I'm sorry about your Mom. I would not be able to overcome it if I lost mine. I think the things you and Jamie did are just the remedy for going through things like that, not to mention your back surgery. After my divorce, I did a lot of walking, antiquing, and reading too and it helped me to have hope. Every Sunday, I'd set up at the flea market with my Mom and we'd meet new friends and have fun doing something productive. That helped a lot too.
What a great man Jamie is to devote himself to you and your recovery. You make a great couple. Thanks for sharing your story.

mr.fred

Reaction score
Let's see in 2002 i was still at my same job since 1986--counting the days until i could call it quits. I got the digging bug in the middle 70s------been sober going on 25 years July 4 09-------been a long road---never let my guard down!!! i always think of a saying and old timer told me----Kiss----Keep it simple Stupid----it works. [;)][;)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Way to go Fred! Just got back to this post. Look forward to digging with you.

glass man

Reaction score
What a great man Jamie is to devote himself to you and your recovery
THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS LAUR,BUT I AM ONLY A AVERAGE BUTT HOLE! IT IS EASY TO LOVE AND CARE FOR NINA GIRL,SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!!![&:] BESIDES WHAT NINA HAS ALREADY SAID,IN 2002 BOTH MY PARENTS WERE ALIVE AND FINE! WILD THING WHAT A DIFFERENCE JUST A FEW YEARS CAN MAKE! JAMIE

sloughduck

Reaction score
In 2002 I had been collecting and digging bottles for 31 years.

ncbred

Reaction score
Lets see...I was 25. Single, going to a party/bar/club/strip joint 3 to 4 nights a week. [8D] Its amazing what getting married will do to ya. I went from having plenty of money and doing what I want when I want to being broke and not able to do spit. I had dug my first bottle long before then when I was a kid. It was a Dr. Caldwells Diarreah med. The lip was sticking up from the ground in my grandmas back yard, so I dug it up.. Still sits on my mothers kitchen sink window seal to this day.

Had not started collecting bottles or metal detecting yet. My only hobby was pretty much collecting sportscards and anything NY Yankees related. Have cards ranging from Mantle, Munson, Mattingly and Jeter.

When I get my new barn set up with bottles and sports memorabilia I'll have to post some pics. Still have to insulate and board the walls first.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ncbred

It was a Dr. Caldwells Diarreah med. The lip was sticking up from the ground in my grandmas back yard, so I dug it up.. Still sits on my mothers kitchen sink window seal to this day.

Maybe it would be better displayed in the bathroom than the kitchen[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR