CAUTION REPRO WAR MILKS & SIGNS ON EBAY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Just a heads up to everyone, bought 2 war milks and 2 posters from moantiques2012 on ebay- bought them on a whim since they were priced right but was disappointed when they arrived since they are all fakes.

The soda posters he's selling are modern reprints on new paper with new ink, but stored with 1990s cardboard that has a garage/attic smell.

The milks are reproductions as well... blank bottles spray painted with modern paint. The paint can scrape off with your fingernail, and he keeps listing the same "rare" war & RR milk bottles over & over again within a week of one selling. I don't know if he is printing everything, or if he is offloading a big haul of repros.

He has refunded 3 of the items and I'm waiting on the 4th, but PLEASE PLEASE use caution.

What makes me sick is that he's been at this for almost a year and has sold literally hundreds of fakes. I bought an Athens bottle, Midwest Bottle, Mission Sign, and Dr Pepper sign.

Seller: http://www.ebay.com/usr/moantiques2012
Completed listings: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bottles-Insulators-/29797/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=moantiques2012&_sop=16

epackage

Reaction score
Dustin you need to leave negative feedbacks regarding this to alert other buyers IMO, I don't care if he refunded your money or not. If he knows he's selling this crap and continues to do so that's fraud, don't let it continue!!

Plumbata

Reaction score
WOW! [&:]

I've seen some fake war milks, but that is just insane! Must be churning out dozens a week. If you can recall, were the milk bottles themselves old, or were they modern and the same type/mold?

Thanks for the heads up BTW, I'll need to pass this info along.

kor

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Dustin you need to leave negative feedbacks regarding this to alert other buyers IMO, I don't care if he refunded your money or not. If he knows he's selling this crap and continues to do so that's fraud, don't let it continue!!
I can't agree enough with this! These are way out of my area but if I stumbled across his auctions I may have bought some just to stick on the shelf. I would have had NO idea they were fake. Let the buyers know!

ecotramper412

Reaction score
E: I'm waiting on a full refund to leave feedback, currently in the hole for over $40.

Plum: They were both old, one was a half pint, one was a quart. The pint was very worn (and it arrived broken due to terrible packaging), the quart (A midwest) was in great condition on an original, but undated, bottle. The bottles were reallllly high quality fakes. If I didn't attempt to check it by scraping it, the bottle would have had a nice place on my shelf.

You can even see paint coming off on some of the bottles he currently has listed. Check out the Midwest that is up now... the paint on and above the M in AMERICA is painfully obvious.

It's too bad that so many of these are out on the market/in collections already....

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ecotramper412

E: I'm waiting on a full refund to leave feedback, currently in the hole for over $40.
I understand, just make sure to do so AFTER you get your money, he knows he's selling new crap and passing it off as old, other buyers need to know before bidding. Good luck my friend...

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Negative feedback has been left, I'd rather lose money than have more of these get sold... he sells at least 2-3 a day!!

So Frustrating!

NHkeith

Reaction score
WOW he has SOLD ALOT OF MILKS IN the past week or so. that is a red flag kinda. Unless he is selling off a collection????

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Either it's a collection of repros or he' printing them as fast as he can sell them. I'm under the impression he is printing them... he has played dumb about them being fakes, but he is relatively new to ebay and has sold the same "rare" bottle many times in the last year alone. He also keeps selling the same fake posters.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Considering how the seller is based in Missouri (among many other factors), I am led to believe that this is a deliberate racket/fraud operation. The eBay descriptions are so vague and stupid that it seems clear that they are playing the game. The language used in the "rebuttal" of the well-placed negatives is on a superior level to the well-crafted but "dumb" item descriptions. If read at face value, the descriptions make no promise or guarantee that the items are original and authentic. They merely state the visually obvious. This is a common tactic used by scammers selling fake stenciled coca-cola jugs, or other fake fantasy garbage ostensibly from wherever they think they can make a hefty profit. Technically speaking they are not committing a crime (from the point of view of an ambulance-chaser lawyer, anyway) but clearly there exists an in-between-the-lines attempt at fraud which passes through eBay's "radar" outsourced to India or some other Godforsaken place where the employees know nothing at all but the script and guidelines provided by corporate management. Technically, these thieves can get away with it all. They are playing "the game" and profiting quite well, but over the years it is clear that Missouri and a couple other states are natural hubs for this sort of activity. I don't need to outlay a damn dissertation here explaining myself; plenty of you have seen what I've seen too.

I've witnessed so many as5holes get away with this, and use the "system" to their advantage as a defense mechanism. It is very clear to me because I can and do think just like them, and though I've used those skills to get out of trouble or or legal debacles in the past I'd never screw anyone over for my own profit, no matter how tempting. I possess an ingrained and well-learned moral compass taught by my extraordinary parents and value honesty and openness in others more than anything else; even if they've embezzled or otherwise screwed me previously. Forgiveness is the path to freedom if the guilty are truly contrite. It is a moral choice and I stand by it, but the fact remains that I am capable of their manipulative BS and can usually see through it when it occurs.

Let's burn this dirty thieving f*ck to the ground. I'm willing to invest a few bucks doing so (and then initiate paypal/eBay cases)... Howabout y'all?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese