CAUTION REPRO WAR MILKS & SIGNS ON EBAY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I hear ya Plumb, there are so many sellers right on the edge of what's fact and what's fiction it can really cost the unwitting bidder. Too many people don't read into the "lack" of a description and are often taken by these sellers, outing them like this seems to be the best way to do it. Enough emails to them, eBay and anyone else who will listen eventually drives the Granny Farks of the world to either slow down their operations or find other venues to try and sell their wares....

EXCOGIGATED

David Fertig

Reaction score
FeeBay user rukinzilla really seems to like these bottles. They have bought at least 8 of them.

And some fake gas stickers too.

My guess is that they have an "antiques" stand somewhere.

epackage

Reaction score
Just got this from the seller...

Dear epackage02,

The War Bond bottles I sell on here are all from the late 50s to late 60s. I do have ones from the 40s that I sell in my many antique malls. I have a large selection of them but they are of course at a much higher prices. These bottles are a much easier price. I myself have not tried scraping these bottles. There is some paint loss on some of the War bottles I sell. War bond bottles were made from the 40s all the way to the Korean War because many dairies profited very well because the people that purchased the milk would collect the bottles and not return them for the deposit they had left. These are not fired the same as they were in the 40s but again if you would like the older 1940s bottles I can list some of them on eBay but they will be at much higher prices due to the fact they are a lot harder bottle to find due to the reasons that in WWII glass use was restricted due to the war efforts. These are great bottles to display and I have not had problems with them for many, many years that I have been selling them. I am new to eBay because some of my antique mall traffic is getting slower and with them I am in only four states and with eBay I can sell international. I hope this helps, if you buy them and are not satisfied I due offer returns with a full refund. But again these bottles are the 60s ones that are at a cheaper price than there 40s counterparts. I hope this helps and thanks again for the great question. Have a great day, Eric.

- moantiques2012

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks E, I need a good laugh! And thanks Dustin for bringing this ******* ******** seller to our attention!!

ecotramper412

Reaction score
"From the 60s"? What? Oddly enough when I told him they were not original he claimed he had no clue.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left 2 neutral pointing out he refunded (even though I doubt I'll see the $40+ he still owes) he then continues to follow up with BS comments. This is why it's good to have a selling name and a buying name...

Oh ebay.

He already has 5 additional feedbacks since I left mine... he's going to keep selling these until he gets booted from the site

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
A big red flag, spelling mistakes in ePackage's post. Guy is an idiot. I looked at all of the bottles. I wouldn't buy them just because they're so cheap. Most of those go for 60 bucks a piece and like everyone says, there a numerous ones. Guys a S***bag as we like to call them.

splante

Reaction score
i hope you reported him to ebay for selling fakes...it can take some time but if enough complain about his listings they will shut them down. inside the listing there should be a link titiled report this item..click it and go through the steps it will let you submitt that you believe it to be a fake/fruad...I have had sucess in the past..neg feedback and report the listing (even if you didnt bid) is the best way..I just did

splante

Reaction score
the signs are not "original"..the bottles all the paint just seems to good for 50 plus year old bottles, I mean all of them are that sharp.....you can see some smudges on some

glass man

Reaction score
It is terrible to get ripped off...so easy on ebay..at times..SORRY IT HAPPENED TO YOU..OR ANYBODY ELSE!!What a bad feeling it is ..I know..it has happened to me in the past too...JAMIE

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Yeah, I reported him to ebay, and I hope/believe others have as well (he has not listed anything new lately).

Someone else in Illinois is now selling a bunch of these same milks... he seems way more legit and maybe is selling them after picking them up at an antique shop somewhere? Either way, these fakes are on the market.

A few include:
Winfield Dairy (war)
Cloverleaf farm (war)
Hopalong Cassidy
Cheyenne Plains Dairy
Jayhawk
Midwest Dairy

I messaged the seller - we'll see what happens.

Just be weary if you come across any bottles from the above dairies!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen