Wow this place is dead lately

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
GACDIG said:
PrivyCheese said:
There was a "clique" if you were in....great......if not...you were an outsider. Problem with that mentality is that the only ones that will be left are the "clique" people.
I feel this also and may be a reason of less participation. I spend a lot of time to post pictures of a rare nice bottle and get maybe one feed back (from a new member) and one of the good old boys can post a pic of a common Lysol bottle and the clique can chat for 3 pages on it. [8|] Why waste the time. But I do.

I've noticed the very same thing, but try to let it go, but I'm sure that some are like "To hell with this." and never seen again. But with that said, "I willll hannng arounnd as lonng as you will let me..." Sincerely,Threadkiller

Penn Digger

Reaction score
glass man said:
Ain't it kinda ironic that a thread bout this place being dead is one of the longest ones right now?[8D] JAMIE

Interesting point Gman.

PD

deenodean

Reaction score
Yes I have noticed fewer posts, fewer comments, fewer regulars since the update. Inserting pictures in my opinion is the biggest obstacle to this site , especially for new-bees. If only it was easier!! [8|]Ya I also miss ' the blue pages' , these latest colors remind me of a dull overcast day... [&o]But life goes on , I hope everyone goes along with it !I have learned soooo much about the hobby since goggling this site.. sooo many knowledgeable people here...I hope it all continues !! [:)]

CreekWalker

Reaction score
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS! The change to the forum is great, an update is always needed, when formats , templates and background are obsolete and costly to maintain. This is a good change. I have had a busy summer and fall, the past few months in bridge construction,and I-40 upgrades. I will be back posting new and newly dug items soon. Still filling out my west Tenn. local soda and now,milk bottles. I started collecting west Tn. embossed slug plate milks, after becoming limited with fewer options in small town soda selection. If you follow ebay auctions , you will see most west Tn. embossed soda, hutch, bottles, other than a few Jackson and Memphis items, have dried up. East and middle Tenn. items are still active, but small town bottles are mostly bought up, and in private collections. Demand is high, but supplies are limited! I am convinced this forum will continue on, it's great! It has excellent members, who are willing to help newbies and serious digger/collectors alike. The different personalities, is what gives this site it's charm. I certainly need correcting , when I post an inaccurate statement, as I grew up digging with alot of diggers,many bottle braggarts, who made up, tall tales about their bottles, to falsely promote them. I knew no better, other than when my dad told me different, but as experienced a digger as he was, he also was fooled! This site has corrected my previously misinformed knowledge of these bottle myths. Knowledge is power. The truth will set you free. So I am looking forward to a successful new year,forum members, for each one of you! Good luck and keep digging!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Odd really, the "Hap, Happiest time of the year" is when people gripe the most. Sing it with me!!!![:D]I feel bad for UPS, FEDEX, USPS etc. now more than ever and they'll probably end up getting sued. [:mad:]Chill out all, things are always worse for others if that makes you feel better.Merry Christmas Happy holidays!!!!!!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
To me this site is just going through growing pains and will recover and flourish. I cherish the friends I have made here, the understanding and aceptance from fellow bottle nuts as only you can appreciate this crazy obsession that rocks my world. I've had numerous replies at times and no replies many times and sometimes too feel like the ultimate thread killer but all that pales when I think of the good times, sharing my finds, examining questions, posing mysteries, and the stuff I have archived in this site that will hopefully be searchable for a long time to come. Thanks Roger, and yeah a bit more blue wouldn't hurt!

robinsky

Reaction score
Hi, Happy Holidays,newbie here, I have several old bottles which my (now ex-) husband, (a cement worker for a Chicago bridge builder), dug up on a inner city job site-probably an old dump site?
A lot of misc. medicine, hutch-style (beer?), ink, milk glass, and my personal favorite, a straight sided coke bottle
DSCN1208.JPG
Love looking through everyone's pics, love old stuff in general, glass included.

westKYdigger

Reaction score
For my 2 cents worth, I suggest changing the font on the signature line and getting rid of the extra white space within, between and on each side of the posts, and changing the color of the border around each post. I sometimes lose interest in a thread when the signature lines are as long or longer than the posts. Most of the other complaints mentioned about the site seem to be part of the learning curve when anything new is introduced. I learn something every time I sign on, so keep up the good work and thank you all for your contributions, insights, pictures and just plain niceness of the members.

KINGSQUAY

Reaction score
Any good site needs time to grow and is only as good as the people who are active on ithappy bottle hunting in the new year My tombstone will read: I told them I was ill.......

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
westKYdigger said:
For my 2 cents worth, I suggest changing the font on the signature line and getting rid of the extra white space within, between and on each side of the posts, and changing the color of the border around each post. I sometimes lose interest in a thread when the signature lines are as long or longer than the posts. Most of the other complaints mentioned about the site seem to be part of the learning curve when anything new is introduced. I learn something every time I sign on, so keep up the good work and thank you all for your contributions, insights, pictures and just plain niceness of the members.
I think that was attempted but maybe it didn't work. I have signature set to not show them under additional setting in my profile so I'm not sure what it looks like.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese