Wow this place is dead lately

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dw3000

Reaction score
cobaltbot said:
To me this site is just going through growing pains and will recover and flourish. I cherish the friends I have made here, the understanding and aceptance from fellow bottle nuts as only you can appreciate this crazy obsession that rocks my world. I've had numerous replies at times and no replies many times and sometimes too feel like the ultimate thread killer but all that pales when I think of the good times, sharing my finds, examining questions, posing mysteries, and the stuff I have archived in this site that will hopefully be searchable for a long time to come. Thanks Roger, and yeah a bit more blue wouldn't hurt!

Couldn't agree more. Nicely said.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Admin said:
westKYdigger said:
I sometimes lose interest in a thread when the signature lines are as long or longer than the posts.

Signatures are limited to 140 characters, if you see one longer please let me know.

I think what westKYdigger was trying to say, Roger, is the same problem I have. It's hard to differentiate between each posting. I find myself starting to read the signature thinking it's another post. A stronger border would really help.

yooper

Reaction score
a moderator now needs to approve a posting before it's allowed to be in the fourm ? really ??

epgorge

Reaction score
yooper said:
a moderator now needs to approve a posting before it's allowed to be in the fourm ? really ??
No that's not what they said, but If a post is not up to etiquette I am sure it would be pulled. We try not to be offensive to other collectors, in their quest for knowledge.Joel

yooper

Reaction score
im not a new member after the site was " improved ?" i couldn't log in i tr not matter what i did so i made a new account

epgorge

Reaction score
yooper said:
im not a new member after the site was " improved ?" i couldn't log in i tr not matter what i did so i made a new account
Things happen when changes occur. I lost my supporter status, though it doesn't matter much, Just a moniker. What are the reward points all about?Joel

ctbottledigger

Reaction score
I have been coming to this site on and off for 10 years. My old login does not work on this site so i made a new name no big deal. This site takes some getting used to so people may get frustrated and leave. I see what a lot of you are saying about the "clique" and the snubbing of others at times but we should all remember that typing does not always convey what we are actually trying to say and peoples feelings can get hurt. If you really are upset about it pm the person and ask what they meant get clarification before reacting to harshly.Only thing i really noticed right away was the blue screen being gone :-( and old finds being continually brought up just to have something to chat about.We have had several Members that have past away and some like myself that have gone into the hospital numerous times and have not been able to join in the progression of this forum.If people do not make the effort no matter how small then this place will slowly die a horrible long death. Don't compalin about it jump in and make some posts even if you only get one reply who cares you made the effort and sooner or later everyone will get thet itch going again and we will steadly move forward and grow again. Ill make an effort to start at least one new post a week starting today. just my opinion

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26