How to tell if it's a good place to look?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

foster2100

Reaction score
I know for myself I like to walk creek and river banks and just look to see if there's anything that is interesting around the area like older types of junk and I like for it to be somewhat varied. I'm just trying to start a general banter and see what people think makes it a good spot to look at, like looking for places to metal detect in a way. So what makes a good spot to take into consideration?

antlerman23

Reaction score
For me the back yard of any pre-1900 house is the best place to look. I have spent a few years looking for dumps but have yet to find one while looking for them, so I pretty much gave up. Privies are my forte.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Lots of dumps are found by the river banks & creeks. I found a nice 1900 dump by the river a few years ago. tominhole3.jpg

anj2006

Reaction score
I live in a house that was built in 1885, when we were closing on the house i was chomping at the bit to get in the back yard to dig the privys i spotted when we did the walk through. Man was my wife pissed! But guess what? Started digging she got curious, and now she digs also!!!

anj2006

Reaction score
There were three privys i located on the property, i have dug two! With some decent finds. The third the other half still wont let me dig because of the location.. but i mentioned in another post, come spring that babys going down!!!!!!!

anj2006

Reaction score
Absolutely!! I have been finding bottles and other stuff for years.

anj2006

Reaction score
I think thats why i agreed to buy the house in the first place!

foster2100

Reaction score
Absolutely!! I have been finding bottles and other stuff for years.

I know I'm new to it all but I love just collecting old junk I find along river and creek banks and here in WV we flood so stuff washes up. Back on to what you was saying about the house though the house that me and my wife live in was once an old company house and I was like hey Hun where was the outhouse. Lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger