How to tell if it's a good place to look?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
In my hometown we had several glass factories as matter of fact that was one of main industries in the north central part where I'm from. That was before my time but glass industry did exist when I was growing up on a much smaller scale. Really me liking this is sort of like revisiting the past of this area.
WV is kinda young, especially for an eastern state. Which factories are you referring too?

anj2006

Reaction score
It is west of sunbury, pa. It runs from upstate ny, all the wat to the Chesapeake. Indian tribe where dotted all along it in the late 1600's up till the early 1800's. Alot of the s tate universitys do tons of research on them.. there has been some major finds in my parts of the state. Some real nice pottery, tools, beads, bone and so forth.

foster2100

Reaction score
Fenton is one for sure although not in north central wv they was in Williamstown, im not into carnival glass though. Louie Glass was in my hometown, West Virginia Museum of American Glass is there too.

foster2100

Reaction score
It is west of sunbury, pa. It runs from upstate ny, all the wat to the Chesapeake. Indian tribe where dotted all along it in the late 1600's up till the early 1800's. Alot of the s tate universitys do tons of research on them.. there has been some major finds in my parts of the state. Some real nice pottery, tools, beads, bone and so forth.

That is pretty cool history!

anj2006

Reaction score
Thanks, glad to share it. Now if only i was into the Indian stuff!!!

sunrunner

Reaction score
you live in west Virginia ! there are house dumps all over the woods . hay go to a little town go to the end of a road or street .were there is a haler and look down . you are bond to find a dump of some kind especially behind old houses . look for a path or wagon trail .

anj2006

Reaction score
Go to some old railroad tracks, look for old footprints of buildinds, i always find stuff along tracks. Look under the trussls scratch around, you will find something, any old abandoned homes around? In small water ways! There is always a place to look. You just have to no what your looking at!!!

anj2006

Reaction score
Talk to some of the older generations, ask them where was the town dump!! Heck, even ask where they use to dump.

foster2100

Reaction score
Well where I live at now I'm out in the country and I know the history of this holler through asking my wife and in laws and neighbors. Interesting enough this county never had a railroad line and we still don't have 4 lane roads lol. I'd asked the old feller that has the dump cuz we get along good and just sit and talk, he knows the history pretty well of this area, so I ask him what to used be where and when.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator