10-6-07 1880s Pit Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Looks like a fun dig! I love that little sample barrell whiskey. I'd say it's a good one cause I've never seen it and I'm in Ky. Most of the ones we dig are from Lexington, Louisville, and Paris. Tell Gene if he ever gets tired of it that I'll take it off his hands! LOL Chris

bottlediger

Reaction score
wow jim you sure are finding some nice local meds awesome job and good luck on your next dig!
take care

digger ry

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Do you have all of the pieces to that ceramic pitcher? I sorta have become interested in them. Were they keepers, or tossed?

-John

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. This was a fun dig.

John, The pitcher is missing a piece or two. I really wanted to reconstruct it, and I still might try to. The colors on that piece are killer. ~Jim

Jim

Reaction score
The blob is a Harrisburg Bottling Works/ Harrisburg, PA. It's cool because we have a Lewistown Bottling Works BIM crown top that is almost exactly like it with a 12-sided mug base and lady's leg neck. I thought that's what it was until I read the slug plate. ~Jim

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Nice stuff, I know youre happy with the druggists. What kind of walkway is that? Does the black glass have embossing? Does Mayes at Lewistown make you think there were Mayes drugstores in other locals?

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Steve, The black glass was just a common Johann Hoff in a nice dark color. The walkway is concrete, I think it was added later. I know that there are at least two different Mayes druggist bottles from Lewistown, possibly from the same person. The other one is embossed T.R. Mayes/ Lewistown, PA. We can't find any information on T.R. or any other Mayes druggist in Lewistown. I'm going to research further and see what I can find. I also have another Lewistown druggist that no info has been found on yet. ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology