17th or 18th Century?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'm kinda curious as well.. how does one tell ????????

capsoda

Reaction score
Bunch of left handed weirdo freakes on this forum is what I say.....[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

It is easly seen isn't it. I always tryed to get everything balanced but it aint easy. Imagine how the owner of the house felt. [sm=lol.gif] I always tryed to stay away from balance when painting. Wonder if my mom still has all the crap I painted when I was young, before I learned I would starve tring to make a living at it. Turned to illicit women, alcohol and carpentry after that. [:-]

For the last 140 or so years they were mostly embossed so it is definatly an oldy.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: capsoda

Bunch of left handed weirdo freakes on this forum is what I say.....[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Maybe so, but it's a statistical likelihood that we're grossly outnumbered by right handed weirdo freakes here.. and everywhere..[:D]

capsoda

Reaction score
It can git worse. My brother is one of them hambonedextreous fellas.... He can write with both hands without pokin hiself in tha eye. Shore nuff.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I tried to grab some tickets for the Roadshow already but they were sold out, then I saw some for free on Craigslist and they were gone within minuets. Now I really wish I had some[:'(]. Maybe next time.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
No worries - there's nobody at the Roadshow who could tell you a lick about the bottle... To my eye the odd color (yes, German bottles of the period were made in amber but this shade seems well "off"), style of enameling (overly symmetrical and seemingly overdone in the incorporation of the cross within the initials) and lack of wear (to both the paint and the bottle itself) all make skeptical that this is an original.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
If you were to bring the bottle to the Federation Show you could ask John Pastor or Jim Hagenbuch for a hands on decision. Both are well versed in this category.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
You know what stands out to my COMPLETELY UNTRAINED eye?

The whispiness of some of these lines. Is this common? I think most older professionally made stuff is more exact. But I know NOTHING about this type of thing.

40B7C7A7768B4F0DA5FCA601F48693B5.jpg

Attachments

• 40B7C7A7768B4F0DA5FCA601F48693B5.jpg
    40B7C7A7768B4F0DA5FCA601F48693B5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 24

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi CanYaDigIt, All I can say is that it is beautiful and you are one lucky man. I will PM you later regarding this bottles coverage. Thanks for showing it to us.
Also, I like the free art work and I especially enjoyed the lefties pointing out the details of what only a lefty would see.
RED M.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1