1800 WASHINGTON FLASK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PATTY

Reaction score
HELP AND BEING RUDE ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS. YOU SAID IT LOOKED GREEN, I SAID IT WASNT HOW IS THAT ASKING FOR YOUR HELP? WARE AND TEAR FROM PURPLE TO GREEN ? THAT IS KINDA RAPID COLOR CHANGE , AND I STATED TO YOU THE PICTURE WASNT TO CLEAR. WHY ARE YOU ALL SO NEGATIVE? THAT IS WHAT I DONT GET? DID I TRY TO SELL YOU SOMETHING ? DID I SAY IT WAS A MILLION DOLLARS? NO, THE REASON I JOINED WAS BECAUSE 2 PEOPLE , WHO HAVE SAW THIS SAID IT WAS AUTHETIC , YOUR SITE CAME UP WHEN I WAS RESEARCHING AND I WAS TRYING TO GET ANOTHER OPIONION. IS THAT SO WRONG? IS THAT A CRIME? SHOULD YOU SELL SOMETHING TO SOMEONE WITH THE IDEA THAT IT IS A TRUE AUTHETICATED ITEM OR REPO? I WAS TRYING TO BE A HONEST PERSON WITH MY CUSTOMERS, AND THIS IS HOW I GET TREATED BY SOME OF THE PEOPLE IN HERE. I WASNT TRYING TO BE RUDE TO ANYONE . THE ONLY PERSON SO FAR OF HELP WAS BALTIMORE.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
This forum is what it is, you can accept what you read here or not. Its a pretty good deal considering its free. There is as much knowledge about bottles here as you will find anywhere.
With all due respect, Kovel's bottle book, is the "National Enquirer" of bottle books, take what you see in it with a grain of salt.
You seem to have already made up your mind before you came here so I wouldnt waste my time trying to change it.
Just my opinion.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Chris, I have seen alot of this kind of thing. Because they saw a fake on theirs is fake or because they saw a real one theirs is real. There seem to be alot of ebayers who do well at selling but when they try to break into bottles they blow it. They buy fakes, repos or cheap bottles believing them to be valuable and when you inform them they are not your the crack pot. Not very honest folks in my book or they wouldn't persist so. I guess it is the dollar signs.

It is sad to find that after 30 years in bottles I know nothing.[;)]

PATTY

Reaction score
THAT IS AUSEFUL SITE, AND THAT IS AVERY HELPFUL TIP, THANK YOU, I APRCIATE THAT, I MEAN THAT IS THE INPUT I EXCPECTED FROM THE GET GO. I DIDNT THINK KOVELS WAS AUTHETIC . I THOUGHT THEY WERE USEFUL . SO WHAT ABOUT THERE BOOKS AND VALUES? ARE THEY NOT ACCURATE ON ANYTHING THEN? JUST A QUESTION? I MEAN BECAUSE ALOT OF ANTIQUE PEOPLE SWARE BY THEM, SO I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE THE BEST. I DIDNT KNOW.

dewdog

Reaction score
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] Don't you just love people who can't read. I didn't see where anyone said "it looked green"---He said one that looks like yours in green--never said YOURS was green.............I'm no expert but this is hilarious!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

ps as far as being rude....when you capitalize all your emails, its the same as yelling at someone. Guess thats something else she wasn't aware of. Oops, that will be another arguement.......sorry guys.

PATTY

Reaction score
I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID , AND I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS [:)] I CAN READ SMARTY
I AM YELLING AT YOU. OOPS I DONT THINK SO..... I TOLD YOU I AM NOT A FOOL....
GROW UP. DON'T YOU HAVE A REAL JOB INSTEAD OF POSTING ON A WEB PAGE ALL DAY? OR ARE YOU A SELF MADE MILLIONARE FROM YOUR BOTTLE COLLECTION ?[:D][:D][:D]

dewdog

Reaction score
Millionare? Me? Not yet, working on it. Don't have a "real" job--worked at a prison for 27 years but just sitting around posting on web pages these days. How about yourself? Seems like you like talking and putting words in peoples mouths. Ask for advice and misinterpret it as being rude and have already made up their mind that no one knows what they are talking about. I just love a good arguement. Too bad this one is so pathetic.....

PATTY

Reaction score
OH, thats why you are so rough around the edges, I apologize.to you, because I don't want to argue with anyone. I was the one Insulted by Warrren and Chris. They jumped to a concluction and said things about my flask . I couldnt post a good photo because of the size. On this site it kept on saying error for the photo. Then you proceeeded to say it looked green , I didnt take offense to you , I said it wasnt green. Now I am being attacked by 3 men. I am not trying to fight with anyone and, if you want to you can go find someone else to pick an arguement with., I am above that . I was trying like I said to get another opionion to make sure that this was a authetic bottle. Now When a person is being honest , they get attacked. I dont get that. [8|]

madpaddla

Reaction score
Drama. Lesson learned. We will believe whatever we want too. Sometimes I have recieved information/thoughts/responces, that I didnt agree with.......hell there have been 2 authors of bottle books here battling about what a bottle was or wasn't. But in the end, everyone enjoys the site, each others company, and yes thier thoughts. As for who is right/wrong, etc, no one here cares. We all enjoy talking about bottles, digging em, etc. The bottle knowledge and experience available here is beyond comparison Enough. Understood. Lets move on. Ben

texasdigger

Reaction score
Capsoda is one of the nicest people I have ever met on here. Never have I seen anyone ruffel his feathers quite like you did. Congrats on winning the antique-bottles.net jerk of the year award Patty. If you will look in the front chapters of your precious Kovel's it will have a section on how bottles are made. If you compare your repro to the book explantion of how OLD bottles are made you will see that your does not match. I feel sorry for Kovel's though b/c I am sure they will be getting emails from you saying that their book is wrong, and that you have the flask to prove it!! I have never seen anybody on here make a thread this long this quick. Congrats on ticking off a good percentage of the website!!! I am sure everyone will just jump to help you if you ever need it again!!!
Brad

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie